What’s up ROCKSTAR! The holiday season has officially started – and I know we’re all getting super busy, many of us have travel plans, and there’s a lot of buzz around how to balance staying fit with the upheaval to our regular routine.
Not to worry! I’ve got all kinds of workouts here on the blog that you can take with you on the road or fit into a busy day.
For example, I got an amazing full body workout with today’s 10 minute sweat sesh in a hotel room, using the small space I had available – and you could do this anywhere you happen to be!
If you love having a great plan that gives you lots of options for getting your workout in, check out Home Workout Domination, my brand new 8-week home workout plan that pairs resistance training with explosive cardio to give you amazing results in less time!
Enjoy today’s workout and let me know how you do in the comments below!
Full Body Hotel Room Workout
- Elevate your right foot on a chair or raised surface behind you. Stand tall on your left foot, evenly balancing your weight in your heel and 2 sides of your foot behind your toes. Check your distance and alignment, and adjust as needed so your knee doesn't pitch forward over your foot as you bend the knee.
- Bend your knee, coming into a forward lunge, keeping your chest lifting and core engaged. Press down through the heel to come back up. Repeat for prescribed reps then switch legs.
- To up the intensity, add a small hop as you press back up on the standing leg.
2: Lateral Leg Lift to Crunch 15 each leg
- Lean your right elbow on the back of a chair or simply lean into a wall, and bring left hand behind your head.
- Lean your body towards the chair slightly. Lift your left leg up to hip height, then bend the knee and crunch the leg in toward your torso, keeping it at hip height. Lower it back down the floor and repeat the lift to crunch.
3: Box Jump 10
- Position yourself in front of a chair, step or bench.
- Squat down and load the weight in your heels.
- Use your arms to propel you and explode up to land lightly on the chair surface. Step or jump back down and repeat.
4: Ab Crunch 10
- Option 1: Hold yourself up on 2 chairs, as shown, with knees hovering just above the floor. Use your lower abdominals to raise your knees up to your chest. Keep your shoulders back slightly - not rounded forward or collapsed.
- Option 2: Sit on the edge of your chair and hold onto the sides. Extend your legs out, then draw them into your chest by bending your knees. Repeat.
5: Elevated Plank Jacks 15
- Position yourself in an elevated elbow plank with your elbows on your chair seat. Your elbows will be stacked right under your shoulders.
- Keep your core engaged, belly button in and up and back flat as you jump your feet in and out.
6: Knee Crunch Extension 10 each leg
- Stay in your elevated elbow plank and draw your right knee into your chest, then press your heel back and up toward the ceiling.
- Keep your hips level and your core engaged. Don't let your back arch.
Check out my brand new home workout program that you can do in less time with minimal equipment to combine the benefits of resistance training and explosive cardio for a lean, fit physique! Special Black Friday Sale!