by Nutritional Chef Julie Magnussen; Team Betty Rocker Resident Nutritionist and Certified Health Coach
Breakfast is a great time to consume a nutrient-dense salad.
Your body has been fasting and detoxing all night and it is ready to flood its empty cells of nutrients.
But breakfast doesn’t have to be eggs and toast.
You just need to have balanced proportions of macronutrients (fat, carbs, protein) with some micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, antioxidants etc.) tossed in.
I love starting my summer mornings with fresh fruit so here’s a fun way to jazz up a typical fruit salad. Change up the type of fruit to get creative if you’d like.
If you want a little more substance feel free to add some quinoa or rice (or my favorite cauliflower rice!).
Be sure to toast the nuts; it makes all the difference.
Check out my Healthy Salad Making Guide for more delicious salad making tips!
[feature_box style=”17″ title=”Blackberry%20Honeydew%20Breakfast%20Salad” alignment=”center”]
Blackberry Honeydew Breakfast Salad
Yield: 1-2 servings
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tsp Champagne vinegar
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup of honeydew melon balls or chunks
- 1 Tbl fresh mint
- 1 Tbl toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 Tbl hemp seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, add the avocado oil, Champagne vinegar, raw honey, sea salt and orange zest and juice.
- Whisk until well-combined.
- To the mixing bowl, add the blackberries, honeydew melon, and fresh mint.
- Sprinkle with toasted slivered almonds and hemp seeds.
Are you going to make this recipe? Awesome - I can't wait to hear about it! Share it with a friend who would enjoy it too!
Comment below and let me know if you have any questions, and I'll be looking for your food pics on my social media - be sure to tag me!