I can’t stop making things that taste like pumpkins.
You too? Ha. Glad we’re on the same page!
This awesome recipe comes from the lovely Marina, over at Yummy Mummy Kitchen! She has some incredible Fall recipes, and I recommend you check her out!
I was very inspired by her creative recipe for pumpkin protein bars, and whipped some up in my food processor last night with just a couple minor adjustments.
If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice on hand, you can easily make some using my recipe. It’s nice to have spice blends around to add to your smoothies, coffee and breakfast cereal.
Pumpkin Protein Bars
Yield: 12 bars
You will need: food processor, measuring cups and spoons
1 ¾ cups oat bran
3 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Jay Robb Egg White Vanilla)
1 T chia seeds
3 tablespoons hemp seeds
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ cup unsweeteend pumpkin puree
2 T maple syrup (you could also use honey)
¼ cup chopped pecans
¼ cup cacao nibs
3 T maple syrup
2 tsp cacao powder
1. Measure oat bran, protein powder, chia and hemp seeds and pumpkin pie spice in your food processor and blend.
2. Add pumpkin puree and syrup. Your batter will start to get super sticky and you may want to scrape it down a couple times with a spoon to make sure it mixes evenly.
3. Add cacao nibs and chopped pecan and pulse a few times to combine.
4. Press into a pan or roll into small balls.
5. To make the optional glaze, just mix your maple syrup and cacao powder in a small bowl. Drizzle a tiny bit over your bars.
6. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Cut the bars into squares and wrap individually.