Welcome to The Betty Rocker Show, the place to be to Nourish Your Mind, Love Your Body, and Rock Your Life!
The last time I was in Austin, I was a guest in the home of my good friend Amber Sears. Amber and I worked out together, had epic long talks, worked together, and cooked together – and upheld one of our favorite traditions which is baking pizza that satisfies the different eating styles in the house (from paleo to vegan to simply whole food based clean eating).
We also had a chance to sit down in her beautiful office space and record an epic conversation that I’m excited to share with you today, where we dove into many topics, including body shaming and body positivity, holding space and setting boundaries, the journey she’s been on to loving herself, and what it took for her to go from an unhealthy, draining relationship to now being married to the love of her life.
I know you’ll get some real gold from this open and in-depth conversation. Enjoy!
Amber Sears is an international pilates and yoga teacher, holistic nutritionist, former professional dancer and business coach. She is the creator of Epic Self, and the host of the Soul Powered Podcast where she guides business owners with her heart centered purpose-driven work.
From her site: “My passion is helping others sculpt their most epic lifestyle and build businesses that serve others. My three branch approach with clients and students stem from the philosophy that mind, body and spirit are connected and equally significant in moment to moment health and ultimate longevity.”
In this episode you’ll discover:
How we nourish ourselves (2:24)
- Making pizza: here’s the crust recipe we made
- Different eating strategies – all are valid
- Amber and JP’s YouTube parody
- Integrity with what you do and say
- Compassion for all humans – and acceptance of eating types other than our own
- No such thing as a “perfect” diet
- Listening to your body
Amber’s story (10:26)
- Amber’s Instagram – @amberleesears (updated handle since this podcast was recorded)
- Pressure to look, move and be a certain way
- Being authentic and speaking your truth
- Comparison and self-doubt
- Inner self love work
- People pleasing
- Becoming the next version of yourself
The influences that shape us (16:19)
- Images we see in magazines vs real life
- Someone else’s idea of “flawless”
- How societal pressures damage us
- What being a true leader means
Body positivity (20:43)
- Celebrating all bodies
- Shaming joyful expression
- The most important thing is feeling comfortable in your body
- Celebrating and rocking your own body
Breast Augmentation (23:00)
- Amber’s choice to get breast augmentation
- Facing judgement around our choices from others
- Emotions and mental shifts that come with changing your body
- Owning our choices and decisions
- Breast implant sickness
- The value of empowering and supporting each other
Social Media – the good and the bad (29:02)
- Judgement from others on altering our appearances in any way
- Diets, fitness, makeup and filters
- Being comfortable in your body
- Developing awareness around our judgements
- Shifting our view of others
- Shifting the internal self dialogue
- Accepting ourselves
Amber’s mission (32:30)
- Helping people heal, transform and awaken
- Healing our own hearts
- Tools and techniques to shift our consciousness
- Online coaching
- Teaching leaders to be better leaders
Creating healthy relationships (36:05)
- Self growth
- Patterns in relationships
- Abusive relationships
- Narcissists/empaths roles
- Guilt and shame
- Finding strength
- Conscious men
- Self work to build inner worth
- Attracting what you emit
- Taking responsibility for your choices
Impactful and Inspiring media Amber recommends (46:26)
- Brene Brown on guilt, shame and vulnerability
- Eckhart Tole on consciousness and being mindful
If I were to meet you in 10 years, who would I meet? (48:15)
- Who would she be?
How to connect with Amber (49:25)
Love The Betty Rocker Show? We do too! ❤️ Share it with your friends, and subscribe on your favorite podcast player to be alerted when new shows drop!
Love The Betty Rocker Show? We do too!
Share it with your friends, and subscribe on your favorite podcast
player to be alerted when new shows drop!
ABOUT THE BETTY ROCKER SHOW:
Join me for open and thought provoking discussions about health, fitness, and how to stop undermining ourselves – and start taking meaningful action that makes us role models to others…
….and, listen in on my intimate conversations with amazing thought leaders, health care professionals, athletes and celebrities to learn their secrets and insights for overcoming life’s challenges, living longer, healthier, stronger and more #flawsome lives.
New shows are released on a weekly basis during each season of The Betty Rocker Show. Shows alternate between solo episodes with me, and interviews with guests.