Last Updated: February, 2021
How We Collect and Use Information
We may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using the Site (e.g., while on the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site). The Site only contacts individuals who specifically request that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our messaging, attended one of our events, or have purchased one of our products. The Site collects personally identifying information from our users during online registration and online purchasing. Generally, this information includes name and e-mail address for registration or opt-in purposes and name, postal address, and credit card information when registering for our events or purchasing our products. We also may collect gender, year of birth, zip code and country information.
We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate online through the Site. For example, we may collect information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Site. We also may use a standard feature found in browser software called a “cookie” to enhance your experience with the Site. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes. By showing how and when visitors use the Site, cookies help us deliver advertisements, identify how many unique users visit us, and track user trends and patterns. They also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences on certain areas of the Site where you may have entered preference information before. The Site also may use web beacons (single-pixel graphic files also known as “transparent GIFs”) to access cookies and to count users who visit the Site or open HTML-formatted email messages.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on message boards, web logs, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
Be aware that we may occasionally release information about our visitors when release is appropriate to comply with law or to protect the rights, property or safety of users of the Site or the public.
Please also note that as our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation). In the unlikely event that we sell some or all of our assets, or one or more of our websites is acquired by another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets.
How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
We protect the confidentiality and security of information we obtain in the course of business. We use commercially reasonable safeguards, such as industry-standard encryption technology, to help keep the information collected through the Site secure.
Despite these efforts to store personal information in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of personal information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to personal information. We do not represent or warrant that personal information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
We, as the owner of the Site, are based in the USA and operate the Site in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws of the USA. We make no claims that the Site or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the USA. If you access the Site from outside the USA and/or transmit any information or data from outside the USA, you do so on your own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with all local laws.
By providing us with your information, you acknowledge and agree that your information may be transferred outside of the country from which you are accessing the Site. Each of these countries has different privacy laws that afford varying levels of protection for personal information, and such laws may not be as comprehensive as those that exist in your country.
Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Personal Information
Depending on where you are located, you may have the right to access, update, or delete personal information about you. If you would like to exercise these rights, you may submit a request to email@example.com. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable law.
If you are a resident of California, please see the information below regarding California Residents for more information regarding your rights.
We also use Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize our business. Advertiser features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these Google Analytics Display features, we are required to notify our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that we and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to gather data about your activities on our Site. Among other uses, this allows us to contact you if you begin to fill out our check-out form but abandon it before completion with an email reminding you to complete your order. The “Remarketing” feature allows us to reach people who previously visited our Site, and match the right audience with the right advertising message.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions.
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
This section applies to our collection and use of personal information, as defined under California law, if you are a resident of California.
- Categories of personal information Collected, Used, and Disclosed
In accordance with California law, we collected the following categories of personal information within the preceding 12 months:
- Identifiers such as your name, alias, email address, mailing address, IP address, and online identifiers;
- Certain categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of California Civil Code Section 1798.80;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Website (“Usage Information”);
- Information used to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or behavior;
- Electronic, audio, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased or other purchasing histories; and
- Professional or employment-related information.
We share each of these categories of personal information with our service providers to the extent necessary for them to facilitate our business purposes (including any purpose specified above).
Additionally, within the past 12 months, some of our online advertisers may have used and disclosed Usage Information collected automatically from the Service. This may be a “sale” as broadly defined under the CCPA. Therefore, we provide you the right to opt out of this “sale” of personal information as described, below.
- Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the California, you may have the following rights:
- Right to Know. You may have the right to request information on the categories of personal information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such personal information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of personal information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your personal information.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request us to delete personal information that we collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have a right to opt-out of certain disclosures of personal information to third parties, if such disclosures constitute a “sale” under California law. As noted above, in the past twelve (12) months we enabled advertisers to collect certain information from the Site, which the advertisers may use to improve their interest-based advertising networks. Regardless of whether this is a “sale,” you may opt-out of interest-based advertising as described above.
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please contact (or have your authorized agent contact) us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-432-3522. When doing so, please tell us which right you are exercising and provide us with contact information to direct our response.
We must verify your identity before fulfilling your requests. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any personal information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by any business when you exercise your California privacy rights.
Children’s Privacy Statement
This children’s privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the Site’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
- If you are under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to submit personal information to us. If we find out you are under 13 years of age, we will immediately, upon notice, cancel your account and delete all of your personal information. If a parent becomes aware any of his/her children has submitted any personal information to us, please immediately notify us at email@example.com or at The Betty Rocker, Inc. 301 West Platt St STE A #23. Tampa, FL 33606
How do we store your information?
Your information is stored at the list server that delivers the Site content and messaging. Your information can only be accessed by those who help manage those lists in order to deliver e-mail to those who would like to receive the Site material.
All of the messaging or emails that are sent to you by the Site include an unsubscribe link in them. You can remove yourself at any time from our mailing list by clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found in every communication that we send you.
firstname.lastname@example.org or at The Betty Rocker, Inc., 301 West Platt St STE A #23 Tampa, FL 33606.