I went to visit my friend and fitness expert Natalie Jill recently, and of course we worked out together!
Natalie is 43 and not only is she in amazing shape, she has a beautiful chiseled 6-pack! That wasn’t the case a few years back though, after she gained 50 pounds during her pregnancy she told me she was determined to get her body into the best shape of her life – so she could take better care of herself and set an example for her daughter.
I asked her to share her secrets with us, and in today’s workout she’ll tell you her 3 tips for getting flat abs – and 9 of her best exercises so you can ROCK your body with us!
7 Best Flat Belly Exercises with Betty Rocker and Natalie Jill Fitness
Do each move for 0:30-0:45
Repeat entire sequence 2-3 times total!
WARM UP: Elbow Plank
1. Tall Plank – keep your shoulders stacked above your wrists. Hug your belly button up to your spine, and don’t let your back arch.
2. Walking Plank – start in Tall Plank. Holding the same strong core, lower yourself to your elbows, then press back up to tall plank again. Continue at a smooth, steady pace.
3. Sit Outs – start in a Tall Plank. Draw your right knee under and across to the left, sweeping your foot out to the side. Return to tall plank and repeat with the left leg.
4. Inchworm 1 arm raises – Start standing. Bend forward and walk your hands in to a tall plank. Reach one arm up and out, balancing on 3 points. If you have a buddy, slap hands like me and Natalie. Walk your hands back to your feet and stand up tall. Keep your core engaged throughout.
5. Side plank reach thrus – start in a side plank. You can stack your feet or place one foot in front of the other. Keep your hips square and lifting. Lift your top arm up high, then reach it through and under your body, following with your gaze. Reach back and repeat. Do both sides!
6. Reverse plank walk – Start in a reverse plank, legs out straight, hips lifted. Lift and lower your feet slowly. This is great for your back and core!
7. Side shimmies – Lay on your back, and raise your head up slightly. Bend your knees. Keeping your hands out beside you, reach them down your body side to side.
You can drop to your knees for most of the plank moves – work at your fitness level, and build the strength in your core and arms. Go at a pace that’s right for you!
Get more from the awesome Natalie Jill and check out her programs on her website - she’s a wonderful coach and trainer and one of my good friends!
PS – if you use the code BETTYROCKER at checkout, you’ll get 20% off any of her digital programs and products. She’s the best!