Thanks for joining me! This workout for your arms, shoulders, and core is a great one to do when you’re short on time and want to really maximize the burn!
You can definitely repeat this if you have time (and aren’t too sore) – you’ll have to let me know in the comments how this one round feels, for me it was perfect!
10 Minute Strong Arms and Core (no equipment)Click to expand and see all workout move descriptions.
1: Tall Plank Hold 0:45
- Come onto your hands and toes, hold your belly button in and up and keep your back flat. Make sure your hands are aligned with your wrists.
- Option to drop down to your knees
2: Triceps Push Ups – 5
- From your plank, keep your elbows hugging in and lower down halfway. Press back up.
3: Tall Plank Hold 0:30
4: Rotating Planks – 5 each side
- From your plank, keep your core engaged and rotate to your right, stacking your right hand below your right shoulder. You can scissor or stack your feet.
- With control, rotate back to tall plank. Pause briefly, then rotate to the left.
- You can also do this with your knees down.
5: Triceps Push Ups to Rotating Plank – 5 each side
- Put it together and come to tall plank. Keep the elbows hugging in and lower halfway for a tricep push up.
- As you press back up, rotate to the right, coming into right side plank. Rotate back to plank and do another tricep push up.
- Rotate to the left. Repeat.
- You can do this with your knees down as well, or switch to kneeling at any point when you start to fatigue.
6: Push Slide Push Ups – 8
- Press your hips up high to downward facing dog.
- Lower your knees and keep them from touching the mat. Pull yourself forward to tall plank and do a push up.
- Press yourself back to the extended bent knee plank pose. Repeat.
7: Dolphin Pose Toe Raises – 12
- Send your hips up high to downward dog. Lower your forearms down while still in the down dog position.
- From here, come up on to your tip toes, working your shoulders forward and back as you raise and lower your heels.
8: Dolphin Knee to Nose – 10 Left
- While still in dolphin (forearms on the mat) extend your left leg up high, then bring your knee toward your nose.
- Sweep it back up and repeat for all reps on this side.
8: Dolphin Pose Toe Raises – 8
- Same as the last sequence – just fewer reps.
9: Dolphin Knee to Nose – 10 Right
- Same as the last knee to nose sequence, just with the right leg.
Looking for a well-balanced workout plan with variety, accountability and support for your fitness journey? I’ve got you covered!
We’ve got dozens of 30 day Challenge plans to choose from so you always have a plan, hundreds of workouts in our class library so you’re never bored, and so much support for you in our private support group!