You’re going to love this great workout you can do anywhere with just a couple of towels (or paper plates or frisbees even on a carpet).
Just 10 moves that target your booty, abs and legs and will take your bodyweight workout to a whole new level with the added resistance of sliding!
Check it out, do it with me, and be sure to comment below and let me know how you do!
If you love working your booty and abs and you want a great plan to follow, grab a copy of my 30-day Abs and Booty Workout Program (for home or gym use)!
You can use a step or box if you don’t have stairs, just be sure it’s secure so you don’t slide around. If you have carpet, try using paper plates or frisbees, and on hardwood floors simple hand towels work great!
Slider Workout for Booty Core + Legs
Format: Each move for the prescribed amount (see video) repeat 3 times total with adequate rest (for you) between rounds.
Move 1: Side Slide Outs Right
- Step your left foot up onto a stair or box and position your right foot on your slider. Engage your core.
- Slide your right foot out with control (don’t go too far) dropping into a squat on the left side. Be sure the left knee tracks in line with the left toe and that you keep your weight back in your glutes and on your left heel – don’t lean forward.
- Slide your right foot back in to the start position and repeat.
Move 2: Side Slide Outs Left
- Switch legs and repeat, sliding the left leg out.
Move 3: Knee Tuck Incline Slides
- Feet on the slider, hands on a step or low bench/box. Strong plank position, shoulders stacked over the wrists with a slight engagement between the shoulder blades. Legs are straight, core is engaged, back is not arched.
- Drive the knees in toward the chest and push back out, sliding the entire time with control.
Move 4: Reverse Plank Lateral Slides
- Place your hands below your shoulders on your step or box, and place your feet on 2 sliders. Lift your chest and hips and engage your core.
- Begin sliding your feet in and out, opening and closing straight legs, pressing down through the heels.
- For a more advanced version, you can lower down to a very low step (or even the floor).
Move 5: Reverse Plank Runners
- Using the same reverse plank position as the previous move, keep your hips and chest lifted and core engaged and begin to slide your feet in and out, coming directly under the knees and then straight out.
- Drive through the heels and keep your hips high to really concentrate this in your hamstrings.
Move 6: Reverse Plank Hamstring Slides
- Holding yourself up in reverse plank as before, slide both legs out straight together, then press through the heels to draw them in to a 90 degree bend beneath the knees together. Repeat.
- Keep the hips lifting and chest open. Be mindful that your hands stay beneath your shoulders.
Move 7: Single Leg Extension Slide Right
- Stand, core engaged with your left foot up on a step, right foot on a slider. If you don’t have a staircase, position your box or step against a wall so you can hold on to stabilize your upper body.
- Slide your right foot out behind you, squeezing the glute. Keep your core engaged, pelvis stable and slide the foot back to start. Repeat.
- The left knee bends, and should track directly in line with the left foot. Don’t bend forward.
Move 8: Single Leg Extension Slide Left
- Switch legs and repeat the movement exactly as you did on the right.
Move 9: Pike Slides
- Position yourself on your step, hands are directly below the shoulders with a slight engagement between the shoulder blades. Core is engaged, back is not arched. Legs are straight.
- Drive your hips up high, sliding your feet in, using your core to initiate the movement. Slide back out. You can do the knee tucks if the pike is too advanced, the tucks will help you build strength for the pikes.
Move 10: Incline Plank Slide Runners
- Hold onto an incline surface like a step on the staircase and put your feet on 2 sliders. Run your feet like you’re doing mountain climbers at an incline, pressing back and driving in.
- Keep your core engaged.
- Go at a quick pace.
REPEAT 2 more times!