I recently took a business trip to Australia with Coach Alyssa from Team Betty Rocker, and while we were there, we also managed to squeeze in a little bit of play.
One of the best parts of my trip was that I had the chance to meet up with one of my Australian Rock Your Life members, Beverley Whyfon. It was a wonderful experience to finally meet in person after 3 years of virtual coaching.
I love seeing people succeed – it’s why I do what I do. Bev says I’ve inspired her along her journey, but I wonder if she realizes how much she inspires ME in return! We really are all #strongertogether.
Because not only has Bev been in Rock Your Life since the start, she’s also made her way through every one of my Workout Programs and Meal Plans – talk about a Rockstar lifestyle!
Before she found Betty Rocker, Bev used to blame her age for her increasing weight and lack of physical exercise. One day shortly after becoming a doting grandmother, she barely recognized herself in a photograph, and that’s when she decided to make a few changes in order to leave a different sort of legacy.
Her first step was to cut back on sugar, replacing processed sweet treats with more natural, wholesome options. That one step alone boosted her energy (and motivation) so much that she felt ready for more.
And that’s when she found the Body Fuel System, my signature Nutrition Guide and Meal Plan all rolled into one.
Bit by bit, one step at a time, she consistently used the simple, healthy recipes from the BFS coupled with the fast bodyweight workouts she did with me in Rock Your Life, and her consistency paid off: Bev picked up momentum, changing her life, her body, and most importantly, the way she felt about herself.
In fact, this 57-year-old mother of 4 became so passionate about what she learned through my Betty Rocker programs and philosophy that she started spreading the word to her family, friends, and community.
Before long, she launched her very own nutrition blog: Bev’s Healthy Food, where you can find her healthy, delicious recipes as well as her cookbook, Not Just Fresh Air.
Although this was technically the first time we met in real life, it felt more like spending the day with a dear friend. We toured the city of Sydney, grabbed a delicious bite to eat, and OF COURSE you know we found a spot to #stopdropandbettyrock!
Join us for this 12-Minute Full Body Shred we did in the rain #noexcuses
12-Minute Full Body ShredClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions.
30 seconds each move (increase to 0:45 – 1:00 if time/energy allow)
If needed, switch to one of the modifications to complete the interval, then move on to the next move.
- Single Leg Split Squats (0:30 each leg)
- Position your right leg behind you on a box, bench, stair, couch or any elevated surface.
- Keep your core engaged and chest lifted as you squat and press up through your heel each time.
- Watch your knee alignment, it should be lined up with your front toe, and if your torso is upright you’ll be able to keep it just over or slightly behind your big toe. Be sure to do both legs.
- Mod: To make it easier to balance and master this move, you can reduce your range of motion by using a lower box or an elevated surface for your foot. You can also hold onto your workout buddy or a wall to help you keep balance. You can also do this with no box or elevation at all and do pulsing lunges in place.
- Side Crunch Step Ups (0:30 each side)
- Stand with feet slightly wider than hip distance apart.
- Squat down, engaging your core as you shoot your booty back behind you as though you were going to sit on a chair – keeping the weight in your heels and chest up.
- Step up laterally on your right/left foot, pressing through the heel as you lift your opposite leg to bring your elbow to knee and crunch.
- Step down with control and repeat.
- Mod: If you don’t have a step or bench or are working on your balance and strength, just take out the step up and do side squat to side crunch without the elevation.
- Triceps Dips (0:30)
- Come into reverse tabletop facing away from your box or raised surface, with your hands behind you on the box.
- Keep your chest open and your elbows parallel to each other as you lower down and press up.
- Keep your knees bent, and engage between your shoulders to help keep your chest open and not put too much pressure on your shoulders.
- Mod: Take a standing or kneeling position holding a water bottle or weight overhead. Lower and lift it toward your back, keeping your elbows in parallel to each other and your chest open. Don’t let your back arch.
- Lunge Jumps or Forward Lunges (0:30)
- Position yourself in a forward lunge, with your knees lined up with your toes, chest up, core engaged.
- Jump into the air, landing in a forward lunge with the opposite leg leading. Land lightly, and use your arms to propel you.
- Mod: You can take the jump out if you would like a lower impact version, and do alternating forward lunges. Always feel free to hold onto the wall or a chair back to stabilize you in these single leg moves!
- Push Ups
- Place your hands flat against the surface of your choosing and extend your legs out.
- Perform a push-up by lowering yourself to meet the surface and pushing back up – keep your core engaged the whole time and neck neutral.
- BONUS MOVE: If you’re working out with a partner add in a partner handclap/reach – makes it extra challenging and fun.
- Mod: Come down into a kneeling position – spine and neck are in a neutral position and your core engaged, or do this on your toes with your upper body elevated on a chair or couch.
Thanks for joining Betty Rocker and Bev Rocker for this workout!
Support and accountability are such important pieces of a successful fitness lifestyle. Share this post and this workout with your favorite workout partner, and let’s all get healthy together!
We Would ALL Love To Support YOU Inside Rock Your Life…
…get stronger and healthier with a community of rockstars to support you, home workout challenges for a fit body, and fresh new workout classes each week to keep you motivated! Oh, and we’ve got tons of healthy recipes too!
Join us today, and let’s rock your life together!