Are you ready for a fast and effective workout to fire up your abs in just 15 minutes?
Join Coach Neesha from Team Betty Rocker to sculpt and strengthen your core – you won’t need much time or any equipment for this one.
Coach Neesha is a NASM Certified Personal Trainer and a Team Betty Rocker Coach.
Building a strong core is so important for posture, stability and overall strength, and workouts like this are an integral part of a balanced training program.
If you want to focus on defining and sculpting your abs, or any other muscle group, protein is a major player when it comes to the way your body looks on the outside AND how it functions on the inside. It’s found in every cell, and plays a part in thousands of essential chemical reactions.
I’ve found that many women tend to downplay the importance of protein when planning meals. If you’re working on building muscle and losing body fat, incorporating protein into your diet can make it easier to reach your goals (3). It’s one of the nutrients I prioritize while training, as it’s such an important part of recovery and growth of the muscle tissue.
I like to use a protein powder for convenience as a supplement to my whole food eating, and I love using the ones I created myself that are plant based, organic, and contain 18 or 20 grams of protein per serving. Quality supplements can be a great addition to a healthy lifestyle. When used in tandem with quality nutrition, quality sleep, regular exercise and an active way to address daily stress, they can support our body’s own ability to heal itself and thrive.
Now let’s jump in and power through this awesome workout with Coach Neesha!
Have you had a chance to check out the current collection of Betty Rocker apparel and my Whole Betty supplements?
I’ve recently added new items to the Betty Rocker Store! Not only can you pick up a great workout program or meal plan but we’ve added…
- Cute and Comfortable Betty Rocker Workout Gear and Apparel
- Fun Betty Rocker Merchandise
- More Whole Betty Supplements to support your 4 Pillars of Health (Sleep, Nutrition, Stress Reduction and Exercise)
Cardio Core CircuitClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions
Equipment: None (optional elevated surface).
Format: Perform each move for the prescribed time and repeat for 3 rounds.
Move 1: Standing Alternating Side Knee Crunches (0:30)
- Begin standing with your arms in a goal post position and your core engaged.
- Drive your right knee up toward your right elbow as you crunch your core.
- Slowly bring your foot back down with control and repeat on the other side.
- Try to keep the knees driving up high and alternate back and forth.
Move 2: Down Dog to Toe Touch (0:45)
- Begin in a tall plank position with your core engaged and your shoulders stacked over your hands.
- Come into a down dog position by pressing away from your hands and shifting your hips back and up toward the ceiling to end with your head in line with your arms. (Your weight should be evenly distributed between your palms, and your heels should reach toward the floor.)
- From this down dog position, support yourself on your right hand as you reach your left arm to touch your right foot.
- Return your arms and switch sides to touch your right hand to left foot.
- MOD: Place hands on an elevated surface (chair, couch) and reach for your knees or shins if your range of motion does not allow for a toe reach.
Move 3: Bicycle Crunches (0:45)
- Begin lying on your back with your legs bent, feet on the ground pressed firmly against the floor and your core engaged.
- Bring your hands behind your head without pulling your head forward.
- Contract your abdominals by bringing your chest forward and rotating at the torso to bring your right elbow to your left knee.
- Slowly and gently lower yourself back toward the ground and repeat with your left elbow to right knee.
- Be sure your lower back stays in contact with the mat throughout this movement.
- MOD: Keep your knees bent and feet on the floor and just crunch your upper body.
Looking for more anywhere workouts that get great results?
I’ve got you covered in Rock Your Life, my online home gym. You will have access to dozens of 30-day Challenges that can be done whether you’re at home, on a work break, or in the gym – so you can stay motivated, get challenged, and take advantage of workouts that get great results!
Move 4: Side Plank Knee Crunch (0:30 each side)
- Begin in a side plank position with your right hand on the ground and stacked right over top of your shoulder and your right leg bent with your left leg extended straight out in line with your body.
- Lift up into a side plank, keeping your hips square in front of you and not dropping your chest forward.
- With your top leg and arm extended out, bring them toward each other for a side crunch while keeping your hips lifted off the ground.
- Extend your arm and leg back out and repeat all reps on one side and then switch.
- Optional: Extend both legs out with your hips lifted.
Move 5: Flutter Kick Variations (0:30)
- Begin lying on your back with your arms by your sides and legs straight up in the air with your core engaged.
- Activate blueberry spine by gently pressing your lower back into the mat.
- Keeping a neutral spine, lift your upper back off the ground slightly to feel your abs contract.
- Slowly lower your legs down towards the ground as far as you can while maintaining blueberry spine and hold this position.
- Lower one leg slightly as you raise the other leg for a flutter kick and then switch legs. Focus on keeping your core engaged.
- MOD: Keep your knees bent throughout this movement.
Amazing job Rockstar! I am so proud of you for showing up today! Check in with me and Coach Neesha and let us know how you liked the workout and anything else you want to share – we love hearing from you.
I ❤️ Vanilla Protein is a 100% ORGANIC, high protein (20g per serving), nutrient-dense whole food protein powder combining 4 plant-based protein sources into a delicious vanilla shake to support an active lifestyle!
If you are following a healthy lifestyle, you’ll love the energy and vitality you get each time you shake it, bake it, or blend it up with I ❤️ Vanilla Protein so you can boost your total daily protein intake easily!
- “Protein.” Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health’s Department of Nutrition. Accessed Oct 2019. https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/protein/
- Wu Guoyae. “Dietary protein intake and human health.“ Departments of Animal Science and Medical Physiology and Faculty of Nutrition. March 2016. https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2016/FO/C5FO01530H#!divAbstract
- Bosse John, Dixon Brian. “Dietary protein to maximize resistance training: a review and examination of protein spread and change theories.” Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. Sept 2012. https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-9-42