Looking for a fast, effective, ab-shredding workout you can do anywhere, anytime?
I’ve got you covered!
Today we’re going to #stopdropandbettyrock with a quick 15-minute Hot Abs Challenge blast that will work your core in alllllll the right ways while giving you some fast, fun cardio right in the mix!
There’s no equipment necessary for this one, you can do it at home, on the road, and everywhere in between.
It’s easy to skip a workout because we don’t think we have time to go to the gym, or we’re not in the perfect place or situation, but if you have simple, quick workouts to do like this one you can take action anytime, anywhere and get serious results on your own schedule!
Get ready, get psyched, and let’s go!
Love getting a strong core? Check out the 30-day Abs and Booty Challenge, and have workouts like this formatted into a plan to follow!
15-Minute Hot Abs Challenge WorkoutClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions.
Format: 3 rounds, for the prescribed time. Rest as needed.
Cross Cross Squat (0:30)
- Stand with feet slightly wider than hip distance apart.
- Engage your core and shoot your booty back behind you as though you were going to sit on a chair – keeping the weight in your heels and chest up.
- Drive your right knee up and across your midline, rotating your torso as you bring your left elbow to meet your knee. Repeat on the other leg, then back to the squat.
- Bonus Move: Add a little hop in when you come up from your squat.
Mountain Climbers (0:30)
- Begin in a tall plank position, hands stacked just below your shoulders.
- Run your knees into your chest, alternating legs. Keep your core engaged.
- Mod: Do this elevated against a couch or chair.
Sit Up Cross Punch (0:30)
- Lay on your back with your knees bent. Hook your feet under the couch or anything handy to hold your feet down, or if you’re more advanced do this without any support with knees bent.
- Use your upper abdominals to sit yourself up, driving across your body into 2 punches.
- Lower down with control, making contact with your lower back on the mat and unrolling fully at the top so your head touches down.
Side Plank Hip Drop (0:40 – split 0:20 each side)
- Come down to an elbow side plank, knee on the mat for more support. Be sure your hips are square (one is not rolling forward). Make sure your elbow is just below your shoulder.
- Drop your hip down to your mat and raise back up to starting position. Repeat for 0:20 seconds and then switch sides.
- Bonus Move: Add in a side crunch by bringing the top of your knee up to meet your elbow.
Knee Drivers (0:40 – split 0:20 each side)
- Start with your left foot behind you and your arms overhead.
- Pretend you are crushing a watermelon between your knee and your hands.
- Drive your knee up as you drive your arms down. Repeat on other leg.
Down Dog to Side Crunch (0:30)
- From plank position, press your shoulders back and your hips up to downward dog. Keep gaze 6 inches in front of you.
- Float your left leg up, float it forward to tall plank bringing your knee to your outside elbow.
- Repeat the same movement alternating sides.
Awesome work! Looking forward to hearing how you did today – be sure to comment below with any questions and to check in!
If your focus is on your booty and abs you will love the 30-Day Abs and Booty Challenge!
Do it from home or in the gym using simple fitness equipment like dumbbells and bands, and see definition to target and strengthen your abs and glutes from multiple angles so you not only get a beautiful sculpted shape, but improve your body’s function as well.
This follow-along video workout program contains workouts for your entire body – with a special emphasis on your abs and booty!