I love workouts that work in any space. Join me today in my awesome tent in South Africa where I stayed a couple weeks ago for this full body sculpt low impact workout!
This was the trip of a lifetime – I got to see so many amazing animals when I was on safari (pics for you at the end of the video) and get some much-needed rest and relaxation.
I can’t wait for you to do this workout – it’s amazing whether you’re at home or on the road like I was!
The Mini Resistance Bands I used in this workout are optional.
I just love them because they’re small and weigh practically nothing – so easy to toss in your bag or suitcase.
Get creative, and let’s get moving!
One-off workouts are great, but having a plan to follow is even better! Take a 30-day Challenge in Rock Your Life and have workouts like this formatted into a plan to follow!
15-Minute Low Impact Full Body SculptClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions.
1 round shown in video, for prescribed amount of reps. You can watch the video again to make it 3 or 4 rounds if time and/or energy allow. Rest as needed.
Move 1: Knee Sliders (10 reps)
- Walk out to tall plank, belly button in and up
- Using sliders, drive your knees in toward your chest
- Mod: Come down to your forearms to alleviate the pressure off your wrists or elevate your upper body to the side of the couch or wall
Move 2: Side Sliders (10 reps)
- Start in tall plank position, belly button in and up
- Using sliders, bring your knees towards your left shoulder
- Slide back to tall plank position
- Slide your knees towards your right shoulder
- Repeat alternating sides for the prescribed amount of reps
- Mod: Come down to your forearms to alleviate the pressure from your wrists or elevate your upper body to the side of the couch or wall
Move 3: Side Step Outs (10 each side)
- Place mini band below your knees
- Step out with your right foot, back to middle and step out with your left foot.
- Pull straight against the side of the band, chest up and lifted, core engaged
- Mod: If you do not have a band, just stand and lift your leg laterally (out to the side)
Move 4: Body Squats (20 reps)
- Place the mini band directly above your knees
- Keep your chest up and lifted, core engaged, and legs at hip width’s distance apart
- Bring your butt back, bending at the hips making sure your weight is in your heels and keep your knees tracking in line with your toes
Move 5: Elevated Bridge to Butterfly (10 reps)
- Wrap band just above your knees and place your feet on the side of the wall
- Lay on your back and lift your hips squeezing your glutes as you come up
- Open the knees and lower down with knees coming back together
Move 6: Butterfly Bridge Lift (10 reps)
- Mini band remains in the same position, feet placed on the wall
- Keep feet in the frogger position with toes together and knees out
- Knees are pulling against the band, lift and lower
Move 7: Upper Body Crunches (20 reps)
- Keep your legs up against the wall
- Lift and lower your upper body making sure you don’t pull on your neck, you can reach up and through or keep your hands behind your head
- Breath out as you come up and breathe in as you come down
Move 8: Single Leg Bridge Lift (10 each leg)
- Place your right foot against the wall, left foot is pointed up and begin to lift and lower
- Keep hips nice and level
- Repeat with the opposite side
Move 9: Single Leg Press (20 each side)
- Wrap the mini band around your foot
- Press out and away while holding the band with your hands, elbows are down by your sides
- Switch and repeat
Move 10: Ab Slide Outs (8 reps)
- Come to tabletop, feet against the wall
- Slide your hands out as far as you can, engage your core; be careful not to arch your back
Move 11: Slide Push Press (5 each side)
- Come down to half push-up position
- Slide one arm out to the side for prescribed amount of reps and then switch sides
- Mod: Come down to your knees in a kneeling position
Move 12: Shoulder Press (5 reps)
- Walk your feet halfway up the wall
- Lower your head toward the floor, allowing your elbows to flare out to the sides
- Press back up to your starting position
- Mod: come into a downward dog instead of feet on the wall
Move 13: Bicep Curls (10 each side)
- Wrap the mini band around your left hamstring to use for resistance as we curl with the right arm
- Keep right shoulder back and right elbow is tucked close to your ribcage
- Chest up, core engaged and smoothly curl your hand up to your shoulder
- Switch band to other leg and repeat with left arm
Move 14: 5 Knee Tucks to 5 Push Ups
- Place your sliders under your feet
- Walk your body into a tall plank, slide your knees into your chest
- Walk out into tall plank and do push ups
Move 15: Single leg kick press (15 each leg)
- Tuck the mini band behind your right knee and wrap it behind your left foot
- Press out and away driving through your left foot
- Switch legs and repeat
Move 16: Single arm rows (15 each side)
- Wrap the mini band around your right foot
- Grab the band with your right hand and pull the band back, elbow in close to your side
- Focus on the work and movement coming between your right shoulder blade and spine
- Switch and repeat
Move 17: Plie pulses (25 reps)
- Wrap the mini band around your middle point of your thighs
- Come up on your toes, heels together hands on hip and sink down
- Bring your knees out towards the back of the room and then back in together, try to stay up on your toes
- Mod: Lower heels to come off your toes to get more balance and stability
I love hearing from you! Leave a comment and tell me how you did!
I’d love to see YOU inside Rock Your Life…
…so I can support you in ROCKING your body AND your life! Get stronger and healthier with a community of rockstars to support you, home workout challenges for a fit body, and fresh new workout classes each week to keep you motivated!
Take it for a Test Drive with a 30-Day Trial!