Have you been hearing me say how important it is to incorporate resistance training into your fitness routine, PLUS explosive cardio – but you’re wondering how to do it effectively when time is tight?
Look no further, Coach Neesha from Team Betty Rocker has you covered with this fast and effective strength express workout that will target your legs and booty!
This workout will give you the perfect combination of two effective training tactics to target fat loss and stimulate and strengthen your muscle.
Remember, what you do AROUND your workouts matters and impacts the effectiveness of your training! So get good sleep, nourish your body with whole food nutrients, and keep breathing and taking care of yourself in times of stress.
Coach Neesha is a NASM Certified Personal Trainer and a Team Betty Rocker Coach.
This is part of our Strength Express Challenge in Rock Your Life, so if you enjoy crushing this one, I’d love for you to join me for the rest of the challenge! A workout doesn’t have to be “long” to be effective – and this fun format will give you a solid plan with 15-20 minute workouts!
Grab a 30 day trial with this link and check out all of the incredible perks of being a member in Rock Your Life!
Now, grab some weighted objects, join Coach Neesha and let’s go!
If you enjoyed this workout, you’ll love the Strength Express Challenge – one of our fantastic Rock Your Life challenges with workouts in the 15-20 minute range using weights!
(If you’re returning to RYL, welcome back and use the “returning members” option)
Legs and Booty ShredClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions
Equipment: weighted objects (dumbbells, water bottles, jugs or other), elevated surface, optional: stretchy band
Format: Perform tabata as directed, 0:20 work, 0:10 rest. Perform circuits as directed for suggested reps and rounds.
Jump Squat Pivots
- Begin by standing tall with your feet hip distance apart, core braced, and chest upright.
- Send your hips back into a squat, keeping your chest up tall, weight in your heels, and knees tracking in line with your toes.
- Powerfully drive through your heels and posterior chain to explosively jump up and simultaneously pivot your body briefly to the left, landing softly on the balls of your feet.
- Immediately pivot your body back to facing forward, bending your knees to sit back into a squat position.
- Jump and pivot in the opposite direction.
- Continue rotating through this sequence for allotted time.
- MOD: Make this a low impact move by removing the jump and performing regular squats. You can also send your hips back to briefly touchdown on an elevated surface to guide proper squat form.
Cross Body Mountain Climbers
- Begin in a tall plank position with shoulders stacked over wrists, braced core, back flat and neutral gaze (not looking up or down).
- Keeping your hips level with the mat, alternate run driving your knees to opposite elbows, once on each side.
- Continue for allotted time.
- MOD: Make this an elevated tall plank by placing your hands on an elevated surface at the end of your walkout. You can also make this low impact by slowing down the knee drives, removing the running element.
Support your workouts by using ROCK AND RESTORE, my free-form essential amino acid formula. This great tasting fruit punch formula contains 30 servings of all 9 of the essential amino acids (including the BCAA’s) in their free form for rapid absorption and metabolic use so you can rock your workouts, build lean muscle, recover faster, boost your immune system and improve cognitive function.
- Holding a weighted object in both hands, either hanging beside your hips or at your shoulders, begin standing with your feet at hip distance.
- Engaging between your shoulder blades to keep the weights from rounding your shoulders, brace your core and send your hips back, keeping your chest up tall (don’t bend forward), weight back in your heels and knees tracking in line with your toes.
- Drive through your heels and squeeze your glutes as you power back to standing.
- Repeat for your max reps.
- MOD: Remove the weighted objects and perform this exercise with bodyweight only.
Liberty Lunges (8-12)
- Begin by standing with your core braced, chest up tall and your weights in your hands at your shoulders.
- Step out to the right in a wide stance, bending the right knee as you shoot your hips back into a lateral lunge position. Keep your chest up tall, ensure your front knee is tracking in line with your toes and keep your weight back in your heel and hips.
- Power through your right heel to come back to standing and repeat on the other side.
- MOD: Perform this exercise without weights.
Hip Thrusts (8-12)
- Sit yourself on the mat in front of your bench (or couch/chair/ottoman) and place a weighted object on your hip creases.
- Press yourself up with your elbows and feet to position your back against the elevated surface; the edge of the surface should be at the base of your shoulder blades. Your knees should be aligned over your ankles, with your feet planted on the mat.
- Brace your core and drive through your heels to lift your hips and weighted objects towards the ceiling, knees tracking in line with the toes, squeezing your glutes.
- Pause here for a moment then drop your hips back down toward the mat with control and repeat for your max reps.
- MOD: Perform this exercise without weighted objects.
Great job taking the time and energy to invest in yourself and your health! I hope you enjoyed today’s workout and let us know what you thought of it in the comments below.
…..in my online home workout studio and women’s fitness community where not only will we provide you with awesome and fun workout challenges, but the information you need to navigate your nutrition choices and the other surrounding actions that will help you see (and keep) the best results.
“I have been doing Betty Rockers workouts since July of 2020 . Today I took a progress pic just to see how far I have come! The first pic is from 7/2020 and the updated pic is from 05/2022. 40 lbs down.. several inches lost! This workout program along with eating a healthier lifestyle has truly changed my body and mind! I am currently doing the bikini body challenge and it has kicked my butt! If this momma of 3 can do it, so can you!!”
(if you’re returning to RYL, use the “returning members” option)