Join Coach Neesha for this 6-move total body takeover!
Coach Neesha is a NASM Certified Personal Trainer and a Team Betty Rocker Coach.
In this workout – and in any training session – feel free to use the modifications or a lower impact version to safely build your strength. You learn the moves, learn the form, and work within your limits as you get stronger.
When considering your progress, it’s so important to stay focused on the big picture and all your wins. Try not to tell yourself you’re failing or not doing enough just because you’re doing a variation/mod. Showing up and doing YOUR workout is the right way to do the workout.
Listen to your body and support yourself as you progress. It’s not a competition, it’s a practice. Remember, we’re here for the long haul and to build a strong fitness foundation for years to come!
Now grab some weighted objects and let’s go!
If you enjoyed that workout and are looking for a sequenced plan that will make the most of your training time, then you’ll love the Iron Betty Challenge in Rock Your Life!
Total Body TakeoverClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions
Equipment: weighted objects, optional elevated surface
Format: Perform supersets for time or reps, complete 3-4 rounds
Squat to Pulse (8-12)
- Begin by holding a weighted object in both hands, either hanging beside your hips or at your shoulders, begin standing with your feet at hip distance.
- Engaging between your shoulder blades to keep the weights from rounding your shoulders, brace your core and send your hips back, keeping your chest up tall (don’t bend forward), weight back in your heels and knees tracking in line with your toes.
- From this bent knee position, pulse your squat by straightening and bending your legs again slightly.
- Drive through your heels and squeeze your glutes as you power back to standing.
- Repeat for your max reps.
- MOD: Remove the weighted objects and perform this exercise with bodyweight only.
2-Way Push Ups (8-12 each way)
- Begin in a tall plank position with shoulders stacked over wrists, braced core, back flat and neutral gaze (not looking up or down).
- Perform a narrow push up: by bend your arms, keeping your elbows close to your ribcage to activate the triceps, and lower yourself toward the mat for a push-up while keeping your shoulders away from your ears. Be mindful that your hips and torso are moving in one line.
- Maintaining a braced core and flat back, push yourself back up to the starting position.
- Step one hand out so your arms are in a wide stance and perform a wide pushup.
- Continue alternating between a narrow and wide push up for your max reps.
- MOD: Drop your knees to the mat or perform this move in an elevated position with your hands on an elevated surface like a couch/ottoman/bench.
Staggered Stance Deadlifts (8-12 each side)
- Begin by standing with your feet staggered at hip-width distance, right foot in front, left in back.
- Hold a weighted object in each hand, your core braced and shoulders back and down (as if they were against a wall), and keep about 80% of your weight in the front foot.
- Maintaining square hips to the wall in front of you, push your hips back and hinge forward as far as you can while maintaining a flat back, slightly bending your right knee and keeping the weighted objects close to your shins.
- Drive through your entire front foot to come back to standing, pressing your hips forward, feeling your glutes working through this lift, and be mindful of not leaning back at the top.
- Repeat for your max reps then switch sides.
Jump Squat Touchdown (0:30)
- Begin standing with feet hip distance apart, core braced, and chest upright.
- Send your hips back as you come into a squat, bracing your core and keeping your chest up, keeping your knees tracking in line with your toes as you touch one hand to the mat.
- Powerfully drive through your heels to jump and land lightly with a braced core and evenly distribute your weight along each entire foot while allowing your hips and knees to bend to absorb force as you repeat, switching the hand that touches down.
- Repeat for allotted time.
- MOD: Make this low impact by removing the jump and performing a body squat, driving through the heels to stand and squeezing your glutes at the top.
Support your workouts by using ROCK AND RESTORE, my free-form essential amino acid formula. This great tasting fruit punch formula contains 30 servings of all 9 of the essential amino acids (including the BCAA’s) in their free form for rapid absorption and metabolic use so you can rock your workouts, build lean muscle, recover faster, boost your immune system and improve cognitive function.
Bentover Row (8-12)
- Stand with your core braced, chest up, shoulders back and down (as if they were against a wall), and weighted objects in both hands.
- Hinge forward at the hips at a 45 degree angle with your body, and engage between your shoulders, so they’re not rounding forward. Allow your dumbbells to hang beneath your chest and keep your head and neck in a neutral position.
- Draw your elbows up and back beside your ribcage, squeezing your back muscles.
- Slowly lower the weights with control to the hanging position beneath your chest.
- Repeat for your max reps.
Prisoner Squat to Triceps Extension (8-12)
- Begin in a kneeling position, chest upright, core braced, holding one weighted object overhead with both hands (or two lighter weighted objects in both hands) so that your arms are straight overhead, elbows bent with forearms beyond parallel to the floor.
- Step your left foot forward, planting and driving through the entire foot to come up to standing and use your triceps to straighten your arms, driving the weight up above your head.
- With control, lower the weight back to the starting position as you step your right foot, then left foot back to return to a kneeling position.
- Your upper arms should remain in place throughout the movement so that your elbows aren’t moving too far forward or backward.
- Switch legs and repeat alternating this sequence for your max reps.
- MOD: Remove the weighted objects and do this move with just your bodyweight.
- Place a rolled up towel, mat, or pillow underneath your knees for extra cushion.
Great job Rockstar! Keep showing up for yourself every day! Check in with me and Coach Neesha to let us know how you’re doing today.
Looking for a well-balanced workout plan with variety, accountability and support for your fitness journey? I’ve got you covered!
We’ve got dozens of 30 day Challenge plans to choose from so you always have a plan, hundreds of workouts in our class library so you’re never bored, and so much support for you in our private support group!
Check out Voni’s amazing progress after just 1 year with me…
“1 year ago I pressed play to day 1 of Betty Rockers Make Fat Cry free 30 day program. I almost died by the way. 😂 Today I am on day 5 of my 11th challenge.
What I found was a health program that I LOVE! Thank you coaches! After the 30 day challenge, I joined you here on Rock your Life and as a result met the greatest bunch of inspirational ladies ever!
Thank you rockstars!
And of course a 1 year #rockiversary called for progress photos.
Sharing progress photos because I experienced so much inspiration from others sharing theirs. I ALWAYS used them as motivation and NEVER for comparison. Here is to motivation and inspiration!”
– Voni H, Rock Your Life member
(if you’re returning to RYL, use the “returning members” option)