Ready to rock your body in 15 minutes? I’ve got some new moves for you to try out in this triple threat tabata smash that will work your body from head to toe!
When I say “triple threat” I’m not just talking about how fabulous, beautiful and amazing you are (that’s a given) – I’m talking about THREE 4-minute tabatas, stacked together to give you an amazing workout in less time.
Tabatas are a special 4-minute workout format (a type of HIIT – high intensity interval training) where we pair 0:20 of maximum effort with 0:10 rest periods. The trick to getting the most out of this is to really give it your all in that 0:20.
I love cardio workouts in general, but I’m really more a fan of HIIT than anything else when time is of the essence. I write these workouts to incorporate resistance training (using gravity and creative sequencing) to simultaneously build strength and increase muscle and bone density while we’re burning it up!
Yes, I am an efficiency queen – I feel like I have to be if I want to stay healthy, run a business, have a life and meet all of my responsibilities. Can you relate?
When I have more time I really enjoy going for a run, doing a spin class (got a Peloton bike last year that I love), a dance class, kickboxing or pretty much anything that sounds fun and invigorating. I’d love to hear what activities you enjoy for cardio – let me know in comments below when you check in after your workout, and let me know where you worked out from today!
Love having workouts you can do ANYWHERE, ANYTIME – and a well-designed plan to follow so you get the BEST RESULTS? Take a 30-day Challenge in Rock Your Life and have workouts like this formatted into a plan to follow!
Betty Rockin' TabatasClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions.
Move 1: Froggers
- Come down to your mat into a tall plank position.
- Jump your knees to the side outside of your hands alternating right to left.
- Mod: Come up to an elevated surface such as your couch, chair, etc.
Move 2: Squat to Front Kick
- Stand in front of your box, ottoman, chair, etc. as if you were going to sit down. Feet are hip-width distance apart, chest up and open, core engaged.
- Sit your booty back to meet your box, weight in your heels. Engage your core as you come back to standing and drive forward with alternating kicks.
Move 1: Walking Plank to Pike Jump In
- Come to tall plank on your forearms. Engage your core and keep your shoulders aligned with your elbows.
- Bring yourself up to your hands, keeping the wrists in the same good alignment with your shoulders as your elbows were, and maintaining the engaged core and jump your feet towards your center to pike position.
- Walk back down to your elbows. Repeat.
Move 2: Jump Squat to High Pull Row
- Grab a weighted object (optional) and come into a sumo stance. Engage your core and shoot your booty back behind you as though you were going to sit on a chair – keeping the weight in your heels and chest up.
- Drive your heels down to power up to jump, as you jump up drive your elbows up to the sky holding your weighted object.
- Mod: Take the jump out to lessen the impact, instead perform a body squat with good form. Only squat as deeply as you can comfortably go without bending forward at the waist.
Move 1: Push Up Clap
- Position yourself against an inclined surface like a couch or chair, with your hands stacked below your wrists and core engaged.
- Lower your chest down, and press up explosively, clapping your hands at the top. Maintain your core alignment and repeat.
- Mod: Kneel in front of the couch or elevated surface with the same good form and work on the push up claps from a kneeling position. You can also stand and lean into a wall for less pressure on your wrists to build up your strength.
Move 2: Froggy Split Squats
- Start in lunge position with your left foot forward. Jump and switch your feet, bringing the right foot forward.
- Jump your feet out wider than hips-width apart into a sumo squat, plant your hands on the floor and do a froggy lift. Repeat
- Mod: Take the jump out and just do reverse lunges.
Thanks so much for doing that workout with me today! I’m wishing you a happy holiday season, and I hope you’re having an amazing day wherever this finds you!
I always LOVE hearing from you, and learning where you did your workout, who was there, and how you’re taking care of yourself with your nutrition, stress management and sleep – the other 3 of the 4 pillars!
Check in below.
I’d love to see YOU inside Rock Your Life…
…so I can support you in ROCKING your body AND your life! Get stronger and healthier with a community of rockstars to support you, home workout challenges for a fit body, and fresh new workout classes each week to keep you motivated!