It’s time to #stopdropandbettyrock your abs, legs and booty! I’ve combined strength and cardio into 2 epic supersets to give you the best of fat loss and muscle sculpting combined(1).
Make this workout your own – be where you’re at and listen to your body.
This lesson has been super important to me in my journey to strength. Rushing forward to do moves that I thought I “should be able to do” and getting injured has set me back in the past, so I have developed a healthy respect for pacing myself and not comparing myself to other people and thinking I need to be where they are.
Change happens slowly but surely and we get there by being consistent and staying present to where we are right now. One of the best ways I know of to stay consistent is by having a plan to follow.
I recommend following up today’s workout with my 30-day Booty and Abs Challenge– which gives you a full body workout plan with a special emphasis on sculpting and toning your butt, legs, and abs!
Let’s start with today and rock this workout together! All you need is a chair or an elevated surface and grab a band if you have one.
Booty and Abs Supersets
Perform each superset for 3 rounds for the prescribed amount of reps and time. Rest as needed.
A1: Split Squat Jumps (12-15 each side)
- Begin in a strong lunge position, making sure your front knee is in line with your front foot and your back heel is lifted and is in line with your back knees.
- Bending both knees you will end in a 90-degree angle position ensuring that your knee is not shooting in front of your toes.
- Jump yourself up and switch your front and back legs, landing softly and with good form (you can get your arms involved for balance and speed).
- MOD: You can take the jump out if you need to modify this, and do alternating forward lunges. Always feel free to hold onto the wall or a chair back to stabilize you in these single leg moves!
A2: Single Leg Elevated Bridge Lifts (10-12 each leg)
- Come down to your mat (grab a mini band if you have it and bring it just above the knees), back is flat to the mat, feet are on a chair or elevated surface with knees bent.
- Engage your core by driving your lower back gently into the mat.
- Straighten one leg so just one heel is on the elevated surface and lift yourself up by driving down through the heels, squeezing your glutes and keeping a tight core.
- Bring your feet together, lift your hips up squeezing your glutes and butterfly your legs in and out 3 times and come back down. Repeat.
- MOD: Perform this exercise with your feet on the ground instead of elevated OR, keep both heels on the elevated surface and do both legs at the same time.
A3: Alternating Single Leg V-Ups (8-10 each leg)
- Lay flat on your back with your arms and legs extended, core engaged.
- Keeping your chest up use your abs to sit up while bringing your left leg to meet your torso, ending in a V sit position.
- Slowly bring yourself back to a lying position and repeat with your right leg.
- MOD: Keep your knees bent.
B1: Elbow Plank with Leg Lifts (10 each leg)
- Begin in an elbow plank position with your core engaged (tuck your pelvis slightly) and shoulders stacked over your elbows.
- Brace your core and raise your right leg to the sky, squeezing your glute and keeping your leg straight.
- Bring your leg back down and repeat.
- Do all reps on one leg and then switch legs.
- MOD: Come down to your knees in your plank.
B2: Roll Back to Stand (10-12 )
- From a standing position, squat down into a sitting position on the floor, roll onto your back with your knees coming back towards your head.
- Using momentum, swing your body forward and rock to your feet and back up to a standing position to finish with a jump.
- ADVANCED: Come up to your standing position using just one leg.
- MOD: Use a chair or elevated surface to help you stand up.
B3: Walking Lateral Squats (10 each direction)
- Begin in squat position, with a mini band around your thighs, feet slightly wider than hip distance apart, core engaged, chest up, and keeping your weight in your heels.
- Staying in your low squat, step to the left and bring your feet back together.
- Take 2 steps to your left and repeat to the right.
- Remember to stay in your squat the whole time.
- MOD: Stand up more in your squat as to not be so low.
Amazing job! You did so great with that workout. Celebrate and appreciate your strong, beautiful, dynamic body and all that it does for you.
Leave me a comment below and let me know what you admire about your body and how you liked the workout! I love hearing from you!
The perfect follow up to this workout is the 30-Day Booty and Abs Challenge! Sculpt and Tone your entire body with a special emphasis on the Booty, Legs, and Abs!
- Weakley, Jonathon. ” The effects of traditional, superset, and tri-set resistance training structures on perceived intensity and physiological responses.” European Journal of Applied Physiology. 2017. Web. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5556132/