What a great start to the year off strong! Thank you for all the birthday wishes and kind words – I had one of my best birthdays ever.
Turning 39 feels amazing, and I’m super excited for the year ahead and all of the great things we’ll be doing together here on the blog and in the Rock Your Life Community!
I did the moves in this workout while I was in my hotel in San Francisco and I was super sore the next day – you’re going to love it!
It’s a highly effective low-impact circuit that will tone and sculpt your booty and legs – you don’t need any equipment and very little space in case you want to take this on the road.
My #tencents for the day: One of the most important things I’ve learned that relates to our workouts together is to never be discouraged if you are in a different stage of your fitness progress than me or someone else. How do we get stronger or discover what we’re capable of unless we can see what’s on the horizon?
I didn’t build my websites and brand by starting out knowing everything or being very good at any of this lol. I did find a lot of inspiration in seeing other successful people and modeling after them – and I think the same thing is true in fitness. Focus on the direction you want to go and do the work to the best of your ability.
It is this process that develops your strength, teaches you the skills and techniques required, and allows you to have the necessary struggles and obstacles to navigate to accelerate your learning curve.
You’re a ROCKSTAR and YOU CAN DO IT!
Enjoy today’s workout – I’m looking forward to hearing from you so leave me a note below to check in!
Jump to workout start for your additional rounds: 2:30
Booty and Legs Workout Moves
Format: do 1-3 rounds for prescribed reps
1. Full Body Extensions (20)
- Stand with feet hip distance apart. Engage your core and keep your chest up.
- Sit back to squat like you were going to sit on a chair, keeping the weight in your heels, hands come down to touch your feet. Only go down as deeply as you can go while maintaining good form.
- As you come back to stand, squeeze your glutes and raise your arms high overhead.
2. Straight Leg Extensions (25 each leg)
- Come down to tabletop. Drop down to your left elbow and straighten your right leg, extending it out to a 45 degree angle to your hips.
- Maintain a steady and stable torso as you lift and lower your leg, feeling your glute muscles engage.
3. Leg Circles (15 clockwise, 15 counterclockwise each leg)
- Perform on the right leg after you finish your right leg extensions before switching to do both moves on your left leg.
- Keep the leg extended and perform circles clockwise, then counterclockwise for prescribed reps.
4. Ceiling Stomps (15 each leg)
- Come into tabletop and engage your core. Your hands are stacked below your shoulders and knees are below hips.
- Keeping your knee bent, press your right heel up toward the ceiling, firing up your right glute. Complete all prescribed reps on the right leg, then switch to left.
- To add additional challenge, hold a dumbbell behind your knee.
5. Elevated Alternating Bridge (10)
- Each rep is all 3 movements together. Begin by positioning your body close to the wall or chair. You’ll want your knees bent at 90 degrees, as shown. If you’re using a wall, press your feet into the wall and squeeze your glutes to lift yourself up into a bridge. If using a chair, drive the heels down.
- Lower down with control, and extend your right leg up. Perform the bridge lift with only your left leg making contact with the wall or chair. Lower down and switch legs. Repeat on the other side.
6. Single Leg Squat and Forward Fold (10 each leg)
- Stomp your right foot to engage it with the floor and feel how it contacts on all parts to help you find balance.
- Lift your left leg in front of you, engage your core and hold onto the wall as you sit down into a single leg squat. Depth is not as important as maintaining and upright torso, keeping the core engaged and pressing through the heel to return to standing.
- Without lowering your foot (if possible) sweep it behind you as you hinge forward at the hips, coming into a single leg forward fold. Keep a soft bend in the standing knee.
- Complete all reps on your right leg before switching to the left.
7. Alternating Tabletop Lifts (10 each leg)
- Sit down and place your hands by your hips. Dig your heels into the floor and lift up into reverse tabletop. Find your position, then we’ll start alternating our legs.
- Alternate lifting first the right leg by digging the left heel down. This fires up the hamstrings. Lower down and switch legs.
Thanks for being an action taker and doing this workout! Post below and let me know you stopped by – and if you liked this, be sure to use the share links to share it with a friend!
One off workouts are great, but having a PLAN to follow is even better!
Get a 30-day Trial to ROCK YOUR LIFE my online home workout studio and start a 30-day challenge today to see yourself progress, get support, motivation and the most effective workouts, sequenced in a way that drives you RESULTS!