Ready to shred and strengthen your lower body? Then I’ve got the perfect workout for you!
These sculpting supersets combine resistance training with cardio to boost your endurance, build muscle, burn fat, and cut down your workout time.
This workout really targets your legs, glutes and posterior chain and you can do it at home with some optional weighted objects (water bottles, dumbbells or whatever you have).
From supporting proper posture in walking, standing and sitting, to helping with stability and balance, your posterior chain is involved in nearly every movement you do in your day-to-day life.
You’ll be working out with Coach Amanda from Team Betty Rocker today – one of our amazing trainers. If you’ve never worked out with her before, you’re going to have so much fun!
Coach Amanda is a NASM and NESTA Certified Personal Trainer, Crossfit Level 1 Trainer, TRX Qualified Trainer and a Team Betty Rocker Coach in Rock Your Life.
Ready to get started? Press play and join Coach Amanda for this lower body burn!
Did you enjoy this workout? For more fun workouts like this, join us in Rock Your Life and take the opportunity to be a part of the most uplifting women’s fitness community available!
Get your 30-day trial to Rock Your Life today and have workouts like this formatted into a plan to follow and amazing people to do it with you.
Booty, Legs and Back Super ShredClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions
Equipment: Weighted Objects (water bottles, dumbbells, household objects), Elevated Surface, Sliders
Format: Perform each move for the prescribed time and repetitions and repeat for 3 rounds
Move 1: Deadlifts (8-12)
- Begin standing and hold one dumbbell in each hand with shoulder blades back and down and core engaged.
- Slowly hinge forward at the waist while pushing your hips back and keeping the weights close to your body.
- Bend forward as far as you can while maintaining a flat back.
- Drive through your heels to come to standing and squeeze your glutes at the top.
Move 2: Elevated Split Squat Lunges (8-12)
- Begin standing with your chest up tall in a lunge position with your back foot on an elevated surface.
- Slowly lower yourself down by bending your knees to the depth that is comfortable for you (ensure that your front knee isn’t buckling in, bowing out, or shooting out over your toe).
Drive through your front heel to come to standing.
- Repeat all repetitions on one leg and then repeat on the other.
- MOD: Hold on to an object in front of you or wall to help stabilize.
Move 3: Jump Switch Runner’s Lunge (0:45)
- Begin in a runner’s lunge position by coming into a tall plank and step one foot up to plant it next to your hand (ending with one leg straight out and the other bent with your foot next to your hand).
- With your weight in your front foot and your knees tracking your toes, lift your hips up and switch your front and back legs, landing lightly back in your lunge position and repeat.
- MOD: Perform this move from an elevated surface or step your feet in and out rather than jumping.
Move 1: Staggered Romanian Deadlift (8-12 each side)
- Begin standing with your left leg placed slightly behind you like a kickstand, holding one weight in each hand with shoulder blades back and down and core engaged.
- Slowly hinge forward at the waist while pressing through your front heel, pushing your hips back and keeping the weights close to your body. Hinge forward as far as you can while maintaining a flat back.
- Drive through your front heel to come to standing and squeeze your glute at the top. Repeat all reps on one side and then switch.
Move 2: Skater Sliders (0:45)
- Begin standing with each foot on a slider with your core engaged and chest upright.
- Slide your right foot out to the side, bending your left knee and keeping it in line with your toe.
- In your lunge position, ensure that your chest remains upright and your left knee does not rotate or press out over your left foot to maintain stability.
- Power off your left heel to slide back to start and then repeat on the other side.
- MOD: Take the jump out and perform alternating side steps to keep this low impact.
You rocked that workout! Be sure to check in and let me and Coach Amanda know how you’re doing today – we love hearing from you!
I’d love to see YOU inside Rock Your Life…
…so I can support you in ROCKING your body AND your life! Get stronger and healthier with a community of rockstars to support you, home workout challenges for a fit body, and fresh new workout classes each week to keep you motivated!
Having a plan to look forward to and people to cheer you on is a huge component in seeing lasting results, and rocking not only your fittest physique, but your inner sense of strength, confidence, and capability.
Members who complete more than one challenge and turn this into their lifestyle experience the greatest success. Check out the amazing progress of Rock Your Life member Kamilla, who started with the free Make Fat Cry Challenge, then went on to take more challenges in Rock Your Life…
What could you do in 30 days? How about in the next 6 months? What about in the next year if you finally had the support, the programs and all of the resources you need to reach your goals?