These breakfast scones are gluten and dairy free, and include the nourishing benefits of collagen. They are perfect for brunch or to have on hand as a quick energy boost.
Yield: 8 servings
You will need: food processor, parchment paper, baking sheet, knife and measuring cups and spoons
Key: T=Tablespoon; tsp=teaspoon
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 serving Full Body Collagen
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 2 T coconut sugar
- 1 T orange zest
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor pulse together almond flour, Full Body Collagen and baking soda.
- Pulse in egg, coconut sugar, and orange zest.
- Stir in cranberries and pecans by hand.
- Transfer dough to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Form dough into a large circle, 1-1 1/2 inches thick.
- Cut dough like a pizza, into 8 slices.
- Using a metal baking spatula move slices apart, leaving 2 inches between.
- Bake 12-16 minutes until edges are browned.
- Serve and enjoy!
Benefits of Collagen:
Support for Your Skin:
- Collagen supports healthy skin elasticity, thickness, hydration and nail health. When it comes to our skin, 75% of the protein in our skin is made up of collagen, and a deficiency in our collagen as we age can show up as wrinkles, sagging skin or even age spots.
Simply adding in a serving of collagen daily can be a great way to help maintain optimal collagen levels and a healthy youthful appearance
Support for Your Joints:
- Collagen can help support joint tissue health and function involving cartilage, tendons and ligaments. When it comes to our joints, it’s that breakdown of the cartilage that leads to achy joints and osteoarthritis which can be reduced by supplementing with collagen because it triggers your body to repair your joint structures and may help increase your mobility.
It can also improve muscle strength and increase lean mass when used in combination with resistance training.
Support for Your Bones:
- Did you know that 95% of our bones are made up of collagen? But as we age many people suffer from bone loss and loss of bone density – making them more prone to breakage and fractures.
Full Body Collagen (especially when combined with resistance training) can help maintain healthy bone density, bone mass and bone quality.
So good and so good FOR you! Leave me a comment and let me know how they turned out- I love hearing from you.