I absolutely love baking and cooking with chia seeds. They’re super absorbent, and do some really cool things when you get creative with them in recipes like this. You only need 3 ingredients, and start to finish the jam takes about 15 minutes to make.
Chia Seed Strawberry Jam
Yield: 3 servings
You will need: food processor or blender, small pot, wooden spoon, measuring spoon
1. Cut off the tops of your strawberries and blend them til evenly shredded.
2. Transfer them to a small pot, and add the chia seeds.
3. Cook the strawberries and chia seed mixture on the stovetop on medium-high heat, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes.
4. Once the mixture has begun to thicken and get sticky – it will darken slightly in color as well (see video) – reduce heat and add the sugar.
5. Stir together for a couple more minutes, and remove from heat.
6. It will be sticky and jam-like, and after you chill it even more so.
I’ve made the same recipe using blueberries and raspberries as well – and to fruits that are less juicy than strawberries I suggest adding a tablespoon or two of water with the mashed berries before you start so the chia seeds can absorb more liquid, and become even more gel-like.