It’s Day 1 of the 5-Day Home Workout Challenge – are you READY? We are kicking this off today with FULL BODY FIRE!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. A little space to move
2. A chair or ottoman or step
3. Weighted objects: water bottles, water jugs, laundry jugs, or dumbbells
I’ll show you the breakdown from beginner to advanced, low to high impact so you can do this no matter where you are and no matter what your fitness level is.
Be sure to check in and let me know you completed today’s workout below – and share this challenge with your friends and family!
During the challenge, we’ll be focusing on our 4 Pillars of Health. Let’s start by checking in with ourselves on each one today.
- STRESS MANAGEMENT
Give yourself a 1-10 rating on each pillar (1 the lowest, 10 the highest) and answer/think about:
- Where are you at with each one right now, and what actions have gotten you there?
- What are you doing awesome at and how can you keep that up?
- What needs improvement, and how can you focus on that in the coming days?
Check in with me below and let me know how I can support you- I love hearing from you!
Full Body Fire
Format: Perform 3 rounds for the prescribed amount of time and reps. Rest as needed. If it’s in parenthesis that means I’m adding that in as we progress ❤️
Move 1: In and Out (jump) squats (add high pull row) (0:30-1:00)
- Stand tall, core engaged. Stepping out with your leg, send your hips back into a wide leg squat, toes lined up with knees, belly button in and up.
- From there, step your foot back in and do a squat then step out with your other foot into a wide leg squat. Repeat this movement.
- Next, from standing, jump feet out into a wide leg squat and then jump back in bringing them together. Repeat.
- When you’re ready, add in the high pull row at the top of the squat. With weighted objects in hand, come to standing, lift your weighted objects straight up to the collarbone with your elbow leading the movement for a high pull. As you bring arms back down, jump or step your feet out into a wide squat. As you jump back in, bring your objects up to a high pull.
- MOD: Step out to sumo squat and squat down, then step into a regular squat and squat down, taking the jumps out. You can switch to this after doing some jumping when you need a breather, or leave the jumping out entirely.
Move 2: Two Push Ups to Two Superwoman Lifts (5-7)
- Place your hands flat against the ground directly under your shoulders and extend your legs out behind you so you’re on your toes (or knees for modification).
- Perform a push-up by lowering yourself to meet the ground, back flat, core engaged, and spine neutral.
- Keeping your core engaged the whole time and your neck in neutral alignment, push back up to your tall plank position and repeat 2 times.
- When you come down again, lay your stomach flat on the mat. Engage your core and extend your arms and legs out.
- Lift your arms and legs off of the mat simultaneously 2 times.
- Put your hands back on the ground beside your shoulders and push yourself back up. Repeat.
- MOD: Drop down to your knees for your pushups.
Move 3: Single Leg Split Squats – add hammer curls (8-12 each side)
- Begin in a standing position with your with your feet hip-width apart and weighted objects in your hands, palms facing each other.
- Engage your core and place your right foot back on an elevated surface behind you.
- Begin bending your knees until your back knee nearly touches the ground in a 90 degree angle and your front knee comes in line with your ankle (ensure your knee is not shooting out over your toe and maintain an upright chest).
- As you descend, perform a hammer curl with both arms simultaneously.
- As you stand up, power through your front heel and come to standing.
- Repeat with left leg.
- MOD: Do this movement with both your feet on the ground.
Move 4: Skater lunges (0:30-1:00)
- Begin with your feet hip-width apart, core engaged.
- Step your right foot back behind you reaching out to the left like you are doing a curtsy.
- Begin bending your back knee into a lunge position and reach your right hand down to the ground while keeping your chest up (ensure your knee is not shooting out over your toe and maintain an upright chest)
- As you stand up, power through your front heel and jump laterally (sideways) to switch legs and continue until the time runs out.
- MOD: Take the hop out and do alternating reverse curtsy lunges.
Move 5: Fully hinged row to squat curl (8-12)
- With feet hip width distance apart, hinge forward at the waist to be at a 45 degree angle. Engage your core, roll your shoulders back and chest up, with weights in each hand allowing them to hang and keeping your gaze neutral.
- Row the weight back by pulling your elbows out wide and squeezing your back muscles like you’re pinching your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly lower the weight down again to the starting position and step one leg out into a squat.
- Once in a squat, perform a bicep curl then come to standing and repeat.
Looking for an online home workout studio and programs? I got you!
Get a 30-day Pass to Rock Your Life – my online home workout studio and community for….
- 5 new home workout classes a week for constant variety and fun!
- 30-day Challenges to choose from every month for a daily push, workout variety, awesome results and MOTIVATION without having to leave your house!
- SUPPORT, Coaching and Community in our private Rock Your Life group with uplifting, empowering language, check-ins and support to keep you moving forward with our All or Something approach that gets lasting results!
Rock your BODY and your LIFE!