Welcome to The Betty Rocker Show, the place to be to nourish your mind, love your body, and rock your life.
Welcome back Rockstars! I’m so excited about today’s conversation with the amazing and very popular, very requested Alisa Vitti, women’s hormone and functional nutrition expert and pioneer in female biohacking.
She created the Cycle Syncing Method, a female-centric diet and lifestyle approach that leverages hormonal patterns for optimal health, fitness and productivity and has really brought to light the way we can feel our best, look our best and do our best by leveraging our monthly cycle.
Alisa is the best-selling author of WomanCode, and her new book, In the FLO is making big waves in women’s health and helping to really shift the frame through which we see our bodies and optimize our lives. If you’re not already using her amazing MyFlo app to track your cycle you will want to by the end of this show!
As the founder of FLOLiving.com, she has built the world’s first menstrual healthcare platform that helps women around the world put their period issues like PCOS, Fibroids, Endometriosis, and PMS into remission naturally using her highly effective FLO Protocol and the FLO Balance Supplements.
In today’s episode we do a deep dive into the phases of your cycle, why the 24 hour clock isn’t serving you and how to eat, train, and use your natural hormone fluctuations to best serve your body and your life!
From her site: “I’ve spent the past 15 years studying, researching, personally applying, and globally teaching how to stop hormonal chaos and get into hormonal flow.
I built FLO Living as a virtual online health center to help women solve their hormonal symptoms from anywhere in the world. I never want another woman to have to suffer needlessly with hormonal imbalances, simply because she cannot find the information about how to treat the root causes naturally.”
In this episode you’ll discover:
What inspired Alisa to write In the Flo (2:00)
- Her book In the Flo
- Her history of working with women and their hormones
- The phenomenon in the media that sparked her curiosity
- Why looking for the root cause of women’s hormones led her to write the book
- The infradian rhythm: what it is and how it impacts you
- The passage from her book that deeply impacted Betty Rocker
How Alisa’s journey with menstruation shaped her career (8:24)
- The first time she heard about menstruation
- How the language around women’s bodies causes shame
- The myths that surround women’s bodies and their cycle
- How the institutional gender bias that exists in health care impacts women
- How questioning the messaging Alisa received led her to advocate for women’s bodies
The Infradian Rhythm (13:35)
- The importance of the infradian rhythm and your hormones
- How the circadian rhythm is geared towards men
- The importance of understanding the biological rhythms of men and women
How to use the biological rhythms in your relationships (20:48)
- How to choose the best times for optimal sexual experiences
- How to use these rhythms for all aspects of your relationship
- How to take advantage of the “peak flow state”
The importance of distinguishing between your monthly cycle and your bleeding week (23:00)
- Why you don’t need to feel ashamed of your cycle
- The importance of paying attention to your body’s biofeedback
- The importance of being curious about your cycle
- Why it’s important to listen to what your body is telling you
The 4 phases of your menstrual cycle and how they impact your metabolism (26:24)
- Why you might be struggling with your weight or not seeing the results you want
- What to do during the first phase of your cycle (follicular phase) when it comes to your workouts and nutrition
- How to optimize your training during the second phase of your cycle (luteal phase)
- The importance of short HIIT workouts
- The difference in your energy levels based on the phases of your cycle
How to eat during the different phases of your cycle (35:50)
- Why it’s important to listen to your body
- Why you might be hungrier at different stages of your cycle
- The importance of fueling your body with nutrient dense foods
How to workout during the final phase of your cycle (40:00)
- Why this is a great time to focus on restorative workouts
- How to achieve your goals with more ease
- Why more isn’t better
- The importance of asking “when” for your workouts
Today’s podcast is brought to you by ROCK YOUR LIFE! My online home workout studio, where you can take as many 30-day challenges as you like for consistent, sustainable progress! For added variety, we offer 5 new classes each week, healthy recipes, a private women’s only support community and MORE!
New members can get a 30-day Trial RIGHT HERE!
The importance of honoring your Infradian Rhythm (43:40)
- The importance of using the four phases of your cycle to be more productive
- How stress impacts your infradian rhythm
- How the different phases of your cycle can impact your work
- The importance of honoring your Infradian Rhythm for long term health
How to sync your cycle to benefit your life (49:40)
- What to focus on during ovulation for productivity
- Why the luteal phase is the best time to be productive
- What can happen over time if you don’t honor your cycle
- What to focus on during the bleeding phase
- How to use the follicular phase to your advantage
- MyFLO Period App to track your cycle
- How an orgasm is beneficial for your hormones
How to connect with Alisa (58:29)
- Free month The of Cycle Syncing method (use code BettyRocker )
- Alisa’s Website
- The MyFLO period app
- In the Flo Book
- FloLiving Instagram @floliving
- Alisa’s Instagram @alisa.vitti
Coming up next week, we’re going to talk about hormone imbalances and what you can do to get things back to normal with hormone optimization expert, Dr. Gowri Rocco. If this is a topic you’re excited to hear more about, check out her book before the show. It’s called Growing Younger: Restore Your Hormones, Energy and Sex Drive.
I can’t wait to welcome you back for that conversation, so until next time, take great care of yourself, remember that you are a role model to the people in your life who look up to you!
Love The Betty Rocker Show? We do too! ❤️ Share it with your friends, and subscribe on your favorite podcast player to be alerted when new shows drop!
Love The Betty Rocker Show? We do too!
Share it with your friends, and subscribe on your favorite podcast
player to be alerted when new shows drop!
ABOUT THE BETTY ROCKER SHOW:
Join me for open and thought provoking discussions about health, fitness, and how to stop undermining ourselves – and start taking meaningful action that makes us role models to others…
….and, listen in on my intimate conversations with amazing thought leaders, health care professionals, athletes and celebrities to learn their secrets and insights for overcoming life’s challenges, living longer, healthier, stronger and more #flawsome lives.
New shows are released on a weekly basis during each season of The Betty Rocker Show. Shows alternate between solo episodes with me, and interviews with guests.