It’s time to #stopdropandbettyrock with a super fun, Full Body HIIT Sculpt!
This workout combines resistance training with cardio to boost your energy, increase your strength and keep your cardiovascular system going strong.
In this routine, we will be doing two fun supersets with 3 moves each. Take as much rest as you need between the moves!
As always I’ll be offering lots of options so you can make it your own!
Grab a couple of weighted objects and something elevated nearby like a chair, box or your couch.
Ready to get started? Press play and let’s HIIT it!
Love having workouts you can do ANYWHERE, ANYTIME – and a well-designed plan to follow so you get the BEST RESULTS? Take a 30-day Challenge in Rock Your Life and have workouts like this formatted into a plan to follow!
Full Body HIIT SculptClick here for detailed written form notes and move explanations.
Equipment: Weighted Object (water bottles, household objects, dumbbells), Optional Elevated Surface
Format: Perform each move for the prescribed time and repetitions and repeat for 3 rounds.
Move 1: Jump Squat Walk Out to Plank Rotation (10)
- Begin standing at the end of your mat with your core engaged.
- Bend your knees to plant your hands on the ground in front of you and slowly walk your hand out until you end in a tall plank position with your core engaged and shoulders stacked over your hands.
- Rotate to one side, bringing one arm up to the sky with your top leg extended out.
- Rotate back to your tall plank and walk your hands back to your feet.
- Drive through your heels to powerfully jump up to come to standing.
- Repeat and perform a plank rotation on the other side and repeat back and forth.
- MOD: Perform this from a kneeling plank position and remove the jump by simply standing out of your plank walk back.
Move 2: Curl to Press (8-12)
- Begin standing with your weighted objects in your hands and pull your shoulder blades back and down with your core engaged.
- Keeping the upper arms stationary, curl the weights up to your shoulders ending with your palms facing you.
- Rotate your palms to face out and press your arms and then press your arms straight up overhead.
- Slowly lower the weight back down with control and repeat.
Move 3: Chair Sit Row to Tricep Extension (8-12)
- Starting with your feet together, core engaged and shoulders rolled back, sink your hips back and down slightly as if you were going to sit in a chair.
- From here, draw your elbows in close to your rib cage holding the weights by your side
- Kick your left arm back to a tricep extension, while at the same time stepping back behind you with your right leg.
- Repeat the movement on the opposite sides, alternating your arms and legs.
Move 1: Jump Switch to Alternating Lunges (1:00)
- Start with your feet hip-width distance apart and your core engaged holding weighted objects in each hand.
- Take a big step forward with your right leg and lower yourself straight down until your back knee nearly touches the ground (ensure your front knee is not shooting out over your toe, maintain an upright chest, and keep your weight evenly through the ball of your foot and heel).
- As you stand up, drive through your front heel to come to standing and repeat on the other side.
- Once standing, bend your knees to lower the weight down to the ground, stand back up and perform 2 split squat jumps by jumping from a lunge and switching your front and back legs, landing lightly back in your lunge position.
- Squat down to pick the weights back up and perform a reverse lunge on each leg.
- Repeat your split squat, front lunge, split squat, reverse lunge sequence for the allotted time.
- MOD: Do this move body weight or take the split squats out and simply do forward and reverse lunges for the allotted time.
Move 2: Hip Thrusters (8-12)
- Position your back on an elevated surface (couch or chair). The edge of the surface should be at the base of your shoulder blades. Bend your knees and have them at 90 degrees.
- Drive through your heels to lift your hips to the ceiling, squeezing your glutes and keeping a tight core.
- Drop your hips back down toward the floor with control and repeat.
- MOD: Perform this on the ground rather than an elevated surface.
- Optional: Add weight to your hip crease for added resistance.
Move 3: 3 Way Raises (0:45)
- Stand with your core engaged, chest up, shoulders rolled back, and weights in hand.
- Keeping your ribcage down and core engaged, lift both arms out to the side, maintaining a slight bend in the elbows and leading with your shoulders and elbows rather than your wrists.
- Slowly bring the weights back down to your sides with control and then raise the weights straight up in front of your body for a front raise, ending with your palms facing the ground.
- Slowly bring them down again to center and with your palms facing behind you, use your back muscles to pull the weight straight back.
- Bring our weights back to center and repeat the lateral raise to front raise and back pull.
Awesome work! Looking forward to hearing how you did today – be sure to comment below with any questions and to check in.
I’d love to see YOU inside Rock Your Life…
…so I can support you in ROCKING your body AND your life! Get stronger and healthier with a community of rockstars to support you, home workout challenges for a fit body, and fresh new workout classes each week to keep you motivated!