Ready for a fun and fast-paced workout that will really spice up your routine?
Today we’re adding pyramids to our repertoire, which are a special kind of ladder workout where we focus on one move at a time going up in duration of intervals, then down.
It’s super fun and challenging, and I’ve added some bonuses to this workout to really get your heart rate up and boost your results with all the positive benefits of exercise.
For this workout, I suggest you have something elevated nearby like a chair, box or stair as well as something to use for resistance.
As always listen to your body and pace yourself with me in this workout. I’ll be offering lots of options so you can make it your own!
So join me and let’s get to it!
Great job on today’s workout! Now let’s get you a workout PLAN so you can keep progressing and get support along the way! Take a 30-day Challenge in Rock Your Life and have workouts like this formatted into a plan to follow!
Full Body Pyramid SculptClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions.
Equipment: Weighted Objects (water bottles, dumbbells, etc), Elevated Surface
Format: Round 1: 15 seconds | Round 2: 30 seconds | Round 3: 45 seconds | Round 4: 30 seconds | Round 5: 15 seconds. Resting 15 seconds between each movement.
Side Shuffle Kicks
- Begin in a high squat position on the outside of your mat with your core engaged.
- Low shuffle to the other side, plant your feet and kick straight out to the side with the outside leg.
- Return to your high squat position, shuffle to the other side and repeat.
- Repeat back and forth.
Bonus Move: Lateral Raises
- Stand with your core engaged, chest up, shoulders rolled back, and weights in hand.
- Keeping your ribcage down and core engaged, lift both arms out to the side, maintaining a slight bend in the elbows and leading with your shoulders and elbows rather than your wrists.
- Slowly bring the weights back down to your sides with control and repeat.
- Position your back on an elevated surface (couch or chair). The edge of the surface should be at the base of your shoulder blades. Bend your knees and have them at 90 degrees.
- Drive through your heels to lift your hips to the ceiling, squeezing your glutes and keeping a tight core.
- Drop your hips back down toward the floor with control and repeat for 12 reps.
- Next, lift one foot off the ground and drive through the heel of the foot on the ground to perform a single leg thruster. Perform all 12 reps on one side before switching to the other.
- MOD: Perform this on the ground rather than an elevated surface.
Bonus Move: Triceps Kickbacks
- Begin kneeling with your core engaged, chest up and weights in hand.
- Hinge forward at the hips and pull your shoulder blades down and back so they’re not rounding forward.
- Pull the weights to your sides, keeping your elbows close to the body and squeezing your back muscles like you’re pinching the base of your shoulder blades together.
- While in this row position perform a tricep kickback by kicking your arms straight back.
- Bring your weights back down to the row position and repeat.
- Start standing with your feet wider than hip distance apart.
- Bend your knees and plant your hands on the floor or mat in front of you (hands stacked directly below shoulders) and jump or step your feet back into a tall plank position, holding your belly button in to keep your core engaged.
- Bring your right knee toward your left shoulder, then your left knee to your right shoulder in a cross-body mountain climber motion.
- Jump or step your feet back in to meet your hands, loading the weight in your heels and stand.
- Once standing, powerfully kick straight forward with your right leg and then repeat on your left and then repeat the burpee from the beginning.
- MOD: Perform this from an elevated surface or step your feet in rather than jumping.
Bonus Move: Calf Raises
- Begin standing with feet hip distance apart.
- Lift up onto your toes and then slowly come back down (be sure you’re not rocking back and forth).
- Optional: Hold weighted objects in each hand.
Elevated Elbow Plank Jacks
- Begin in an elbow plank position on an elevated surface with your core engaged, shoulders stacked over your hands and your lower back slightly up toward the ceiling.
- Brace your core, and jump your feet out wide for a jack and then back together.
- MOD: Perform jumping jacks as an alternative.
- Optional: Perform this from the ground rather than an elevated surface.
Bonus Move: In and Outs
- Start in a seated position with your knees bent, hands placed behind you, chest up tall, core engaged.
- While leaning back, fully extend your legs out in front of you until you reach a complete hollow body hold.
- Crunch your knees and chest together to come back to your starting position and repeat.
- MOD: Tap your heels to the ground slightly in front of you rather than extending your legs all the way out.
- Stand facing the box (or any elevated surface) you are jumping onto.
- Slightly bend your knees and power through your heels to explode off the balls of your feet onto the box (use your arms to propel you and land softly on the balls of your feet).
- Jump or step back down and repeat.
- MOD: Remove the jump and simply do step up with alternating legs.
Bonus Move: Lateral Leg Lift to Crunch
- Begin standing holding onto an object at your side to help support you.
- Lift your outside like and drive your right knee up to meet your right elbow as you crunch your torso.
- Slowly bring your leg back down and repeat (switch sides each rest period).
Way to go Rockstar! Comment below if you have any questions or to check in when you finish today’s workout.
I’d love to see YOU inside Rock Your Life…
…so I can support you in ROCKING your body AND your life! Get stronger and healthier with a community of rockstars to support you, home workout challenges for a fit body, and fresh new workout classes each week to keep you motivated!
Rock Your Life has access to dozens of home workout challenges, a huge class library with hundreds of workouts of all types so you can choose from a huge variety of one-off workouts if you’re not following a plan, and has a private women’s fitness support community to make sure you always have the resources you need!