Let’s get that body moving today with these super fun, full body sculpt and strength supersets!
In just five moves you’ll work your quads, glutes, back, biceps, and core – all while increasing your balance and endurance. And all you need is a set of weighted objects and some space to move to get started!
Remember we are all in different places with different goals so be kind to yourself during the process.
It’s great to work on a fitness goal and to want to see a change in body composition, but sometimes we feel defeated before we even get going because our appearance doesn’t match our expectation of the outcome fast enough.
It takes patience and consistency to shift body composition, to add muscle, to lose body fat – and I feel like we not only need to respect that process (and that it’s about more than working out) but we need to accept and enjoy our bodies along the way.
Our daily experience deserves to be filled with gratitude and self love and not be filled with negative thoughts toward ourselves and how far we have to go.
Focus on your sleep. Eat protein with each meal and eat whole foods as much as possible that you’ve cooked. Drink lots of water. Develop rituals and practices that center and ground you and help you reduce the normal pressures and stressors of daily life. Exercise when you’re rested, not when you’re sick, tired or run down. Love yourself along the way.❤️
You’re on your way! Taking action! Now stay consistent and join me for today’s workout!
One-off workouts are great, but having a plan to follow is even better! Take a 30-day Challenge in Rock Your Life and have workouts like this formatted into a plan to follow!
Full Body Sculpt and Strength SupersetsClick here for detailed written form notes and move explanations.
Equipment: Weighted Objects (dumbbells, water bottles, household objects), Elevated Surface.
Format: Perform each move for the prescribed time and repetitions and repeat for 3 rounds.
Move 1: Plank Walk Out Combo (1:00)
- From a standing position, bend your knees to place your hands on the ground and slowly walk your hands out to end in a tall plank position with your core engaged and shoulders stacked over your hands.
- In your tall plank position, drive your knees, one at a time across, your body toward your shoulder and back out by pulling each knee in as far as you can and then back out.
- Return to your tall plank position and perform 2 rows with your right arm by pulling your elbow straight back along your body and squeezing the base of your shoulder blade and then switch arms.
- Slowly walk your hands back to your feet to return to standing and repeat.
- MOD: Perform this on an elevated surface.
Move 2: Single Leg Split Squats (8-12 each side)
- Begin standing with your chest up tall in a lunge position with your back foot on an elevated surface.
- Slowly lower yourself down by bending your knees to the depth that is comfortable for you (ensure that your front knee isn’t buckling in, bowing out, or shooting out over your toe).
- Drive through your front heel to come to standing.
- Repeat all repetitions on one leg and then repeat on the other.
- MOD: Hold on to an object in front of you or wall to help stabilize.
Move 3: Box Jumps (10-15)
- Stand facing the box (or any elevated surface) you are jumping onto.
- Slightly bend your knees and power through your heels to explode off the balls of your feet onto the box (use your arms to propel you and land softly on the balls of your feet).
- Jump or step back down and repeat.
- MOD: Remove the jump and simply do step up with alternating legs.
Move 1: Bent Over Row to Standing Curl (8-12)
- Begin standing with your core engaged, chest up, shoulders rolled back, and weights in hand.
- Hinge forward at the waist to be at 45 degrees, and engage between your shoulders, so they’re not rounding forward, allowing your dumbbells to hang beneath your chest and keeping your gaze neutral.
- Perform a row by pulling the weights up to your sides while keeping your elbows close to the body and squeezing your back muscles. Slowly lower your weights and return to standing.
- Keeping the upper arms stationary, perform a bicep curl with both arms by curling the weights up to your shoulders, ending palms facing you.
- Return to your starting position and repeat the row and curl back to back,
Move 2: Staggered Single Leg Deadlift (8-12)
- Begin standing with your right leg placed slightly behind you like a kickstand, holding one weight in each hand with shoulder blades back and down and core engaged.
- Slowly hinge forward at the waist while pressing through your front heel, pushing your hips back and keeping the weights close to your body. Hinge forward as far as you can while maintaining a flat back.
- Drive through your front heel to come to standing and squeeze your glute at the top.
- Repeat all reps on one side and then switch.
Looking forward to hearing from you! Share this with a friend who would like it, and post your comments, check ins and questions below!
I’d love to see YOU inside Rock Your Life…
…so I can support you in ROCKING your body AND your life! Get stronger and healthier with a community of rockstars to support you, home workout challenges for a fit body, and fresh new workout classes each week to keep you motivated!