Challenge yourself today with this super shredding lower body workout!
No matter your goal, this workout will have you feeling accomplished and powerful!
We’ll be combining power moves with isolated single side moves to strengthen any imbalances and support your alignment and functional movement patterns.
You’ll be working out with the awesome Coach Amanda from Team Betty Rocker today, so I hope you’re ready to sweat!
Coach Amanda is a NASM and NESTA Certified Personal Trainer, Crossfit Level 1 Trainer, TRX Qualified Trainer and a Team Betty Rocker Coach inside of Rock Your Life.
You’re going to rock this workout and I hope you love it as much as I did!
Want more workouts like this? Grab the 30-Day Abs and Booty Challenge so you a whole month of ab and booty workouts every week to sculpt your abs and define your legs and glutes! Comes with workouts for your entire body, with a special emphasis on the glutes and core.
Lower Body Shred CircuitsClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions.
Equipment: Weighted Objects (water bottles, dumbbells, etc), Elevated Surface
Format: Perform each move for the prescribed time and repetitions and repeat for 3 rounds.
Move 1: Sumo Squat Pulse (0:30)
- Stand with your feet wider than hip distance, toes turned out slightly (sumo stance) and core engaged.
- Shoot your hips back and lower yourself down, keeping your chest up tall weight back in your heels, and knees tracking your toes.
- In the bottom of the squat, drive through your heels to lift your body up 2-3 inches and then back down for a pulse.
- Come back to standing by powerfully driving through your heels and squeezing your glutes at the top.
- Repeat for the allotted time.
- MOD: Hold on to an object you to help stabilize.
- Optional: Hold a weight in your hands to add resistance.
Move 2: Reverse Lunge to Step Up (8-12 each side)
- Begin standing in front of your chair or step with your core engaged and chest upright.
- Step your right foot back behind you and begin bending your back knee until it nearly touches the ground in a 90 degree angle.
- As you stand up, power through your front heel and bring your back foot to meet your front foot.
- Bring your right leg forward and place your foot on the elevated surface in front of you.
- Drive through your front heel to step up onto the box and come to standing.
- Reverse the movement by slowly bringing your left leg back to step down off the box while keeping your weight in your right foot (be careful to control this movement and not just drop down.
- Repeat that whole movement on the same side beginning with the reverse lunge to perform all repetitions and then switch sides.
- MOD: Hold on to a chair or wall to help stabilize you or begin with a low elevation by stepping up to a low step or yoga block. You can also simply perform reverse lunges until you feel confident in your strength and form.
Move 3: Jumping Jacks (0:30)
- Start standing with feet together and arms by your sides.
- Simultaneously jump your feet out wide as you bring your arms out and above your head.
- Jump your feet back together and bring arms back down to your sides, returning to your starting position and repeat.
- MOD: Take out the jump and simply step your feet out one at a time while bringing your arms over head.
Move 1: Squat Hold Step Outs R/L (0:30)
- Stand with your feet hip width distance apart with your core engaged.
- Lower yourself down into a squat keeping your knees tracking your toes and weight back in your heels and posterior chain.
- Brace yourself on your left side to lift your right foot off the ground and extend your right leg out to tap your toe to the ground.
- Slowly bring your leg back in and while maintaining a stable torso, extend your leg straight back to tap your toe to the ground behind you.
- Come back to center and repeat for the allotted time and repeat.
- MOD: Don’t lower as deep into your squat and/or hold onto a chair or wall near you.
Move 2: Calf Raises (15-20)
- Begin standing with feet hip distance apart.
- Lift up onto your toes and then slowly come back down (be sure you’re not rocking back and forth).
- Optional: Hold weighted objects in each hand.
Move 3: Alternating Box Step Downs (0:30)
- Begin standing on your box or elevated surface.
- Keeping your left foot firmly planted on your box and bending your knee, slowly step your right foot down to the ground with control.
- Tap your foot to the ground and then powerfully drive through your left heel to come back to standing on the box.
- Shift your weight to your right foot and slowly step down with your left foot and alternate back and for the allotted time.
- MOD: Lower your elevation to a lower step or yoga block. You can even stand on a thick book or folded up towel.
- Optional: Increase your intensity by hopping up off the ground and switching your legs in the air.
Way to show up today Rockstar!
Leave us a comment below to let us know where you’re working out from today, how you’re doing with your fitness goals, and what we can do to help you reach them – we love hearing from you!
The perfect follow up to this workout is the 30-Day Booty and Abs Challenge! Sculpt and Tone your entire body with a special emphasis on the Booty, Legs, and Abs!