Happy New Year Rockstar!
I can already tell this year is going to be EPIC!
To kick it off, I’ve got an amazing home workout in what’s called a “ladder” format – you’ll be doing 2 awesome moves back to back counting up in reps, then we’ll change them up a bit and go down the ladder in reps.
You’ll see what I mean in today’s video!
Hey, if you’re joining me and the other Rock Your Life Members for the New Year’s 30-Day Challenge, this is your Day 1 workout! It’s not too late to join, you can get a 30 day trial and start as soon as you’re in, all the workouts are posted for you.
If you’re not a part of my fabulous membership community you can find out all about it and join right here.
New Year's Full Body HIIT LadderClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions.
Moves 1 and 2 you’ll do UP the ladder, Moves 3 and 4 you’ll do DOWN the ladder
- Stand with your feet hip distance apart.
- Bend your knees and plant your hands on the floor or mat in front of you (hands stacked directly below shoulders) and jump or step your feet back into a tall plank position.
- Keep your core tight and do a push-up (optional) – jump your feet back to your hands and load your weight in your heels.
- Jump up, landing softly with bent knees and repeat
- MOD: take out the jumping by stepping back, take out the push-up, or do a body squat instead of a jump at the top
2- Leg Lifts:
- lie down on your back and press your lower back into the mat to engage your core.
- straighten your legs out long and lift them to 90 degrees
- with control, lower your legs back down together without letting your lower back arch
- MOD: do this move with bent knees to take some of the pressure off of your back
3- Squat Thrust Crossovers:
- stand with your feet hip distance apart.
- bend your knees and plant your hands on the floor or mat in front of you (hands stacked directly below shoulders) and jump or step your feet back into a tall plank position
- perform 1 cross body mountain climber per side by running one knee to meet the opposite elbow and repeat on the other side
- jump your feet back to your hands and load your weight in your heels – jump up, landing softly with bent knees and repeat.
- MOD: step your feet back into tall plank or take out the jump at the top and just do a body squat
4- Sit-Up Cross Punch:
- lie down on your back with your lower back pressed into the mat and bend your knees. you can hook your feet under a couch or leave them on the mat without anything.
- hold your hands in soft fists at your shoulders and engage your lower abdominals to sit up
- at the top, do 2 cross punches, really driving across to engage your obliques.
AWESOME job! Thank you for starting the New Year with me!
Post down below and let me know how you did – I’m so excited for this coming month! It’s going to be amazing!
How about new workouts to do daily, from anywhere?
…in my epic home gym that has new classes every week, 30-day Challenges to keep you on track with a program, your own personal workout library, over 300 healthy recipes, an exclusive support group, access to the Team Betty Rocker coaches, and so much more!