3 Step Cookie Domination:
Make the cookies.
Stack the cookies.
Eat the cookies.
This recipe came from The Paleo Kitchen cookbook. It’s got some great recipes, and this one sounded so easy and delicious – it did not disappoint!
I always feel better about having desserts that I make myself, because I know exactly what went into them. That doesn’t mean they don’t have sugar and other ingredients that are a treat, but making them from scratch just feels so much more satisfying – and I know EXACTLY what I’m putting in my body.
Macadamia Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
You will need: food processor, measuring cups and spoons, baking sheet, parchment paper
1 cup macadamia nuts*
1 tsp vanilla️
1/4 cup honey️
2 T coconut flour (it’s different than other flours made from nuts, seeds or grains and super absorbent. Be careful swapping it for something else, it’s not like anything else)️
pinch sea salt️
1/2 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips (gluten, dairy and soy free)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a food processor, blend macadamia nuts til you make macadamia nut butter.
3. Add egg, vanilla, honey, coconut flour and sea salt and blend til smooth. Pulse in chips.
4. Place in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb and make your batter more dense.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop cookie dough onto it.
6. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
*While I have not yet tried this with almond butter, I think it would hold up beautifully in this recipe. If you have a nut allergy, you should definitely try this recipe with sunbutter!