These peanut butter baked oatmeal bars are easy to make, delicious and packed with all of the nutrients you need to start your day! They are perfect for a grab and go breakfast or a quick and healthy snack.
Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
Yield: 4 servings
You need: measuring cups and spoons, square baking dish, cooking oil spray, mixing bowl, mixing spoon
Key: T = Tablespoon; tsp = teaspoon
- 1 cup steel cut oats (soaked overnight with an acidic medium, then strained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or any other nut butter or sunbutter)
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 2 servings (60 grams) I ❤️ Vanilla protein powder
- 1 T coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 T maple syrup or honey (taste it, see if it’s ok with this amount or if it needs more)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Coat an 8×8” baking dish with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the soaked oats, peanut butter, protein powder, banana, coconut oil, cinnamon, baking powder, egg, maple syrup and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Add almond milk and stir. (The mixture might be quite liquid) Pour mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until oatmeal is set and the center is fully cooked. Allow to cool before slicing.
- Top with additional nut butter, fresh fruit, or Greek yogurt (if you can tolerate dairy).
Enjoy! Let me know if you make this and what you topped it with – I love hearing from you!
I ❤️ Vanilla Protein is a 100% ORGANIC, high protein (20g per serving), nutrient-dense whole food protein powder combining 4 plant-based protein sources into a delicious vanilla shake to support an active lifestyle!
If you are following a healthy lifestyle, you’ll love the energy and vitality you get each time you shake it, bake it, or blend it up with I ❤️ Vanilla Protein!