Do you ever wake up craving a specific food?
Today I was just craving strawberries. Always a good idea to listen to the body, so I made this tasty strawberry smoothie.
Do you use chia seeds in your smoothies?
They’re definitely a staple in mine, and here’s why: they’re naturally detoxifying and contain a healthy dose of Omega’s and fiber. If you soak them in some liquid, they’ll form a gel that’s easy to digest and will help strip waste out of your digestive system.
These powerful little seeds can really help you feel full for much longer than their tiny size suggests. Try out today’s recipe for a delicious blend!
Strawberry Chia Breakfast Smoothie
- 8 strawberries
- 1 T chia seeds, soaked in:
- 1.5 cups almond milk and
- 1 tsp vanilla
- add 1 Scoop Vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 lemon, squeezed juice Delicious!
- I like to soak the chia seeds for about 5 minutes, or as long as it takes me to get out all the other ingredients and get the berries washed and ready.
- Blend everything in your blender. Add a little more liquid as needed to get a consistency you like!
Here are some other recipes that feature chia seeds for you to try: