And…this is the kind of awesomeness that happens when I run out of eggs. One of the great things about all of the different eating styles is that they can expand your cooking and eating range immensely.
Whether it’s plant-based, raw, paleo or vegetarian – people with different eating preferences have been getting creative with food for years. It is important not to get stuck in food ruts – and to remember to include a broad spectrum of nutrients in our daily intake to increase our nutrient range.
I love my Whole Betty I ❤️ Vanilla Protein Powder – it’s plant based, organic, and has just the right amount of sweetness with vanilla flavor to compliment recipes like muffins, pancakes and today, French toast.
Strawberry French Toast
Yield: 2 servings
You will need: shallow baking dish, whisk, skillet, spatula
1 serving (30 grams) I ❤️ Vanilla Protein Powder
1 tsp milled chia seeds (you can also grind whole chia seeds in the coffee grinder)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
4 slices GF or Sprouted Grain bread
Strawberries, lavender if desired for garnish
1. Combine dry ingredients and mix together.
2. Add almond milk and vanilla and stir. It will make a thick paste.
3. Soak bread. I was using some home made bread that was baked in mini loaf pans (I used 4 mini slices) – for one serving, 2 regular sized slices work well.
4. Cook evenly on both sides over medium heat in a little coconut oil.
5. Serve with fresh or frozen strawberries. I use frozen and defrost them so they melt like in the picture. It’s better than syrup! I had some fresh lavender and that’s what’s on top.