Get ready to sweat it out with this fun Strength and Cardio Super Circuit workout! We’ll get our heart rate up with cardio bursts, and tone the body with effective strength-building moves.
You’ll be working out with Coach Roz from Team Betty Rocker today. Her workout classes are super popular in Rock Your Life, our online home workout studio, and I’m excited to share this workout with you today!
Coach Roz is a NSCA Certified Personal Trainer, Certified IIN Health Coach, PSA rated Figure Skating Coach and a Team Betty Rocker Coach.
Keep reading to find out more about the workout Coach Roz has in store for you and why she loves it!
Hey Rockstars, Coach Roz here! I love doing full body workouts because they are a great way to make the most of your time.
This workout incorporates both strength and cardio, which really helps tone and sculpt your muscles while blasting body fat. It’s the perfect feel-good workout that challenges your heart and your muscles from head to toe.
For today’s workout you will need a set of weighted objects – water bottles, dumbbells, or any household items to add in some extra resistance. I hope you enjoy it!
Great work with today’s workout! Now you need a plan to put workouts like this together in a complete sequence that will strengthen your entire body! Take a 30-day Challenge in Rock Your Life and have workouts like this formatted into a plan to follow!
Strength and Cardio Super CircuitsClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions.
Equipment Needed: Weighted Objects (dumbbells, water bottles, etc).
Format: Perform each move for the prescribed time/repetitions and repeat each Supercircuit for 3 rounds.
Move 1: Cross-In Jacks (0:30)
- Start standing with your feet together and arms together in front of you.
- Simultaneously jump your feet out wide as you bring your arms straight out into a T position and open up your chest.
- Jump your feet back to center and criss cross your feet while you bring your arms back to center as well.
- Jump out and back in, switching the foot that’s in front as you criss cross your feet in the center.
- MOD: Take out the jump and simply step your feet out one at a time while bringing your arms out to your sides.
Move 2: Curtsy Lunge with Biceps Curl (8-12 each side)
- Begin in a standing position with your core engaged and chest upright, holding a weighted object in your right hand.
- Step your right foot back behind you and over to the left as your left knee bends.
- While holding at the bottom of your lunge position, perform a bicep curl with your right arm. Ensure that your chest remains upright, and your left knee does not rotate or press out over your left foot to maintain stability.
- Return to standing and repeat all repetitions on one side and then switch.
- MOD: Take the curl out and hold on to a chair or wall to help stabilize yourself or perform reverse lunges, where rather than your knee coming behind your front heel at an angle, you step straight back.
Move 3: Triceps Row to Kickback (8-12)
- Hinge forward at the waist to be at 45 degrees, gaze neutral, with your shoulders down and back so they’re not rounding forward and allow your weights to hang beneath your chest.
- Pull the weights to your sides for a row, keeping your elbows close to the body and squeezing your back muscles like you’re pinching the base of your shoulder blades together.
- While in this row position perform a tricep kickback by kicking your arms straight back.
- Slowly lower the weights down again to the starting position and repeat the row and kickback combination.
Move 4: Sit-Up Cross Punch (0:30)
- Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet on the ground and lower back pressed gently into the mat.
- Use your abdominals to sit yourself up and punch your arms one at a time across your body.
- Lower yourself back down with control until you are back in your starting position and repeat.
Move 1: Skaters (0:30)
- Begin in a standing position with your core engaged and chest upright.
- Perform a curtsy lunge by stepping your right foot back behind you and over to the left as your left knee bends behind you and reach your hand down to touch the ground.
- Power off your front heel and as you come back up to standing, step or hop laterally to the right side of your mat to perform a curtsy lunge with your left leg and repeat.
- MOD: Take the hop out and do alternating reverse lunges.
Move 2: Squat to Press (8-12)
- Stand with feet about hip distance apart, with your core engaged and your weights in your hands at a 90 degree angle at your shoulders. (Engage between the shoulders slightly to hold them in the correct neutral position so they’re not rounded forward and your palms facing out).
- Keeping your core engaged, begin sending your hips back behind you as though you were going to sit on a chair – keeping your weight in your heels and your chest up.
- Power through your heels and posterior chain to return to standing and as you stand, press the weights overhead.
- Bring your weights back to your shoulders as you squat back down and repeat for the prescribed repetitions.
- MOD: Squat down to a chair and do this bodyweight only.
Move 3: Push-ups (8-12)
- Begin in a tall plank position, with your hands stacked below your shoulders and your core engaged (no arched back).
- Perform a push-up by lowering yourself down to the ground keeping your elbows pointing behind you, back flat, core engaged, and spine neutral. Keep your gaze about 6 inches in front of you rather than looking up or down, to maintain a neutral spine.
- Bring yourself all the way down to the ground and while keeping your core engaged, press back up to your starting position.
- MOD: Place hands on an elevated surface (chair, couch) and perform an incline pushup.
- Check out my Push-up Progression Tutorial for tips on perfecting form and building strength!
Move 4: Hollow Body with Flutter Kicks (0:30)
- Lie down on your back with your arms by your sides and legs straight up in the air with your core engaged. Activate blueberry spine by gently pressing your lower back into the mat.
- Keeping a neutral spine, lift your upper back off the ground slightly to feel your abs contract.
- Slowly lower your legs down towards the ground as far as you can while maintaining blueberry spine and hold this position.
- Lower one leg slightly as you raise the other leg for a flutter kick and then switch legs. Focus on keeping your core engaged.
- MOD: Bend your knees instead of straightening your legs.
Get after it Rockstar! Check in with me and Coach Roz and let us know how you’re doing and where you’re working out from today.
We’d love to see YOU inside Rock Your Life…
…so we can support you in ROCKING your body AND your life! Get stronger and healthier with a community of rockstars to support you, home workout challenges for a fit body, and fresh new workout classes each week to keep you motivated!