Get ready to #stopdropandbettyrock with this high-intensity, low-impact, ballet-inspired workout! This Total Body Barre Sculpt workout actually has some great benefits to your body that go beyond just toning your muscles.
Here are 5 benefits you’ll get from doing this workout today:
ONE: Stretching and strengthening promotes lean, supple muscle tissue and creates more space around the joints – great for mobility, muscle health and body awareness.
TWO: My barre workouts always give a special emphasis to the booty and legs and this one is no exception. I love strengthening that area of my body and I know from reading your comments that you do too! Enjoy toning and sculpting your derriere with me in this fun routine!
THREE: Speaking of the backside of your body, workouts like this strengthen the posterior chain, which helps us have better alignment and posture. So you’re helping yourself balance key muscle groups and integrate them into your movements for better overall stability.
FOUR: Combining moves together into “complexes” or challenging ourselves with cross-body patterns strengthens neural pathways in the brain, keeping us sharp and on our game. So when you’re struggling to figure something out or make a mistake, be happy! That’s you upgrading your brain by teaching it something new.
FIVE: Because you’ll need to be focused on your body while you’re doing this workout, you’ll be more present to the moment. Anytime we’re tuned into our body this way and super present is a win amidst the chaos of our busy lives, and can really reduce stress.
You’ll want a chair back or countertop handy for balance, and a few light weights or water bottles for resistance. You are here, you are capable, and you are going to rock this workout!
Let’s do this!
Great job with today’s workout! Now let’s get you a plan to put workouts like this together in a complete sequence that will strengthen your entire body! Take a 30-day Challenge in Rock Your Life and have workouts like this formatted into a plan to follow!
Total Body Barre SculptClick to expand and see all workout moves.
- Sumo Squat to Overhead Reach
- Sumo Squat to Cross Body Overhead Reach
- Reverse Lunge Pulses (R)
- Reverse Lunge to Leg Extension (R)
- Standing Fire Hydrant Pulses (R)
- Forward Fold to Tall Plank, 5 push ups
- Tabletop Opposite Arm and Leg Under Body Crunch (R)
- Tabletop Opposite Arm and Leg Under Body Crunch (L)
- Downward Dog
- Sumo Squat Hold with Heels Lifted
- Sumo Squat Hold, Lower and Lift Heels
- Plie Pulses
- Reverse Lunge Pulses (L)
- Reverse Lunge to Leg Extension (L)
- Standing Fire Hydrant Pulses (L)
- Chair Pose Back Pulses
- Alternating Sumo, Hammer Curl to Back Pulse
- Forward Fold to Tall Plank, 5 Push Ups
- Tabletop, Extending Right Arm, Left Leg Side Crunch
- Fire Hydrants (L)
- Tall Plank, 5 Push Ups
- Tabletop, Extending Left Arm, Right Leg Side Crunch
- Fire Hydrants (R)
- Reverse Tabletop, Alternating Legs
- Sit Up Cross Body Crunches
- 45 Degree Angle Leg Extensions (L)
- 45 Degree Angle Leg Extensions with Lift (L)
- Standing Side Crunch (L)
- Standing Leg Extension to Forward Crunch to Side Crunch (L)
- 45 Degree Angle Leg Extensions (R)
- 45 Degree Angle Leg Extensions with Lift (R)
- Standing Side Crunch (R)
- Standing Leg Extension to Forward Crunch to Side Crunch (R)
Great job, Rockstar!
Be sure to leave me a comment below and let me know where you’re working out from today – I love hearing from you!
I’d love to see YOU inside Rock Your Life…
…so I can support you in ROCKING your body AND your life! Get stronger and healthier with a community of rockstars to support you, home workout challenges for a fit body, and fresh new workout classes each week to keep you motivated!