Ready for a total body shred? This fast, fun circuit can be done anywhere you are with just a couple of simple props so jump in and join the amazing Coach Roz from Team Betty Rocker!
She will have you doing some cardio-intensive moves to get your heart rate up, then hitting all the major strength movements that are important for building a strong and sculpted physique!
Coach Roz is a NSCA Certified Personal Trainer, Certified IIN Health Coach, PSA rated Figure Skating Coach and a Team Betty Rocker Coach.
Her workout classes are super popular in Rock Your Life, our online home workout studio, and I’m excited to share this workout with you today!
Here’s a message from Coach Roz:
What’s up Rockstar, Coach Roz here and I have a really fun full body workout for you! This workout combines functional strength moves with little blasts of cardio to really crank up the intensity.
For this workout we will be working within the 10-12 rep range so using weighted objects that allow you to work within that range is ideal. If you are struggling to maintain proper form and get all 10 reps completed, you should decrease your weight and keep focusing on your form.
If you can easily do more reps beyond 12, increase your resistance so you can continue to build your strength. Hope you enjoy it!
Great work with today’s workout! Now you need a plan to put workouts like this together in a complete sequence that will strengthen your entire body! Take a 30-day Challenge in Rock Your Life and have workouts like this formatted into a plan to follow!
Total Body CircuitsClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions.
Equipment: Weighted Objects (water bottles, gallon jugs, dumbbells, etc), Optional Elevated Surface.
Format: Perform each exercise for the prescribed time/repetitions and repeat each circuit for 3 rounds.
Move 1: Squat to Press (10-12)
- Begin standing with your feet about hip distance apart with your core engaged and holding weighted objects in your hands at your shoulders.
- Keeping your weight back in your heels, send your hips back behind you while keeping your core engaged and your chest up tall (don’t bend forward) and ensure your knees are tracking in line with your toes.
- Power through your heels and posterior chain to return to standing and as you stand, press your arms and weighted objects over your head for an overhead press.
- Return to your starting position and repeat.
- MOD: Squat down to a couch or chair for support.
Move 2: Bent Over Row (10-12)
- Begin standing with your weighted objects in hand.
- Hinge forward at the hips at a 45 degree angle with your core engaged, gaze neutral and weights in your hands, hanging beneath your chest.
- Roll your shoulder blades down and back so you’re not rounding forward and then pull the weights to your sides while keeping your elbows close to the body and squeezing your back muscles.
- Slowly lower the weights down again to the starting position and repeat.
Move 3: Cross Body Climber (0:30)
- Begin in a tall plank position with your core engaged and shoulders stacked over your hands.
- Keeping your hips down, run your knees into your chest by driving your knee toward your opposite elbow and back out, one at a time.
- MOD: Do this move on an elevated surface by placing your hand on the edge of a couch or table.
Move 4: Full Body Roll Up (10-12)
- Lie flat on your back with your legs straight out, arms up over your chest and your lower back pressed gently into the mat.
- Use your abdominals to sit yourself up all the way up to a seated position.
- Slowly lower yourself back down with control until you are back in your starting position and repeat.
- Optional: Hold a weighted object in your hand for added resistance.
Move 1: Alternating Reverse Lunge (14-16)
- Begin standing with your core engaged and chest upright.
- Step your right foot back behind you and begin bending your back knee until it nearly touches the ground in a 90 degree angle.
- Power through your front heel and bring your back foot to meet your front foot as you come to standing.
- Repeat with your left leg and alternate back and forth (ensure your knee is not shooting out over your toe and maintain an upright chest).
- MOD: Hold on to a chair or wall to help stabilize.
- Optional: Hold a weighted object in each hand for added resistance.
Move 2: Push Ups (10-12)
- Begin in a tall plank position with your hands stacked below your shoulders and your core engaged (no arched back).
- Keeping your core engaged and your shoulders away from your ears, bend your elbows, pointing them back at a 45 degree angle and lower yourself toward the mat. Keep your gaze about 6 inches in front of you rather than looking up or down, to maintain a neutral spine.
- With your core staying engaged and your shoulders down and back, press yourself back up to your tall plank position and repeat.
- MOD: Perform the push up with your hands on the side of your couch or other elevated surface. Alternatively, remain on the mat, but in a kneeling, or single knee down position.
- Check out my Push-up Progression Tutorial for tips on perfecting form and building strength!
Move 3: Skaters (0:30)
- Begin standing with your core engaged and chest upright.
- Perform a curtsy lunge by stepping your right foot back behind you and over to the left as your left knee bends behind you and reach your hand down to touch the ground.
- Power off your front heel and as you come back up to standing, step or hop laterally to the right side of your mat to perform a curtsy lunge with your left leg and repeat.
- MOD: Take the hop out and do alternating reverse lunges.
Move 4: Upright Bicycle (0:30)
- Start in a seated position with your knees bent, hands placed behind you, chest up tall, core engaged.
- Leaning back slightly, fully extend your right leg out in front of you until you nearly reach the ground and then return to start.
- Repeat with your left leg and then alternate each leg like you are pedaling.
- Optional: Lift your hands off the ground to add an extra level of challenge.
Amazing job! Check in with me and Coach Roz let us know how you’re doing today and how you liked the workout – we love hearing from you!
We’d love to see YOU inside Rock Your Life…
…so we can support you in ROCKING your body AND your life! Get stronger and healthier with a community of rockstars to support you, home workout challenges for a fit body, and fresh new workout classes each week to keep you motivated!