Today I have a powerful workout for you to build strength in your entire body.
Remember: you don’t have to match my pace during the workout. The quality of your reps is far more important than the quantity of them.
Always listen to your body and feel free to modify moves anytime. Some days you’ll feel more rested and stronger, and other days you just won’t have as much energy. Always support your body and do what’s best for you.
A great way to dial in your form and find different variations and modifications for your workouts is to check out the free Foundations of Functional Fitness Workshop.
It will help you build a strong foundation while teaching you to recruit key muscle groups. Mastering your form and body awareness will not only support you in every workout you do, but also help you with all of the movements in your everyday activities.
For this workout, I suggest you have something elevated nearby like a chair, box or stair as well as something to use for resistance like dumbbells, water bottles or water jugs.
Get ready to shred with me!
Did you enjoy this workout? Then you will LOVE the Warrior Woman Challenge inside of Rock Your Life! The Warrior Woman challenge is designed to strengthen your entire body with an added focus on endurance and flexibility. If you are looking for a sculpted physique, core work and cardio to burn fat, you will love this one!
Total Body Power ShredClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions
Equipment: Weighted Objects (water bottles, dumbbells, household objects), Elevated Surface
Format: Perform each movement for the prescribed time, repetitions and rounds.
Superset 1: 3 Rounds
Move 1: Bridge Lifts (12-15)
- Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet on the ground, and blueberry spine activated.
- Pressing into the ground with your heels, drive your hips to the ceiling and squeeze your glutes at the top.
- Slowly lower your hips back down to the floor and repeat
- Optional: Increase the difficulty of this movement by placing your heels on an elevated surface or adding a weight to your hip crease.
Move 2: Jump Squats (0:30)
- Begin in a squat position with your feet hip distance apart, core engaged, chest up, and keeping your weight in your heels.
- Shoot your hips back behind you for a squat, keeping your chest up tall, weight back in your heels, and knees tracking your toes.
- Powerfully drive through your heels and posterior chain to explosively jump up and land softly on the balls of your feet to return to standing and repeat.
- MOD: Make this a low impact move by removing the jump or squatting down to a chair.
Superset 2: 3 Rounds
Move 1: Lateral Raise to Front Raise (8-12)
- Stand with your core engaged, chest up, shoulders rolled back, and weights in hand.
- Keeping your ribcage down and core engaged, lift both arms out to the side, maintaining a slight bend in the elbows and leading with your shoulders and elbows rather than your wrists.
- Slowly bring the weights back down to your sides with control and then raise the weights straight up in front of your body for a front raise, ending with your palms facing the ground.
- Slowly bring your weights back to center and repeat the lateral raise to front raise.
Move 2: Low Lateral Step to 180 Jump Squat (0:30)
- Begin on the left side of your mat in a squat position, with your weight in your heels and your hips back as if you’re sitting down.
- Staying low, step to the right one foot at a time to end in a squat position on the right side of the mat.
- Powerfully drive through your heels and posterior chain to explosively jump up and spin 180 degrees to face the wall behind you, landing softly on the balls of your feet.
- Stay low, step to the right again, jump and spin again and repeat.
- MOD: Make this a low impact move by removing the jump and just turning yourself around in 180 degrees.
This 14-day free workshop can be done along side any workout program!
Superset 3: 3 rounds
Move 1: Narrow Row to Hammer Curl (8-12)
- Begin standing with your feet together, weighted objects in hand, core engaged and shoulders rolled back.
- Hinge forward at the hips at a 45 angle with your core engaged, gaze neutral and weights hanging beneath your chest.
- Roll your shoulder blades down and back so you’re not rounding forward and then pull the weights to your sides while keeping your elbows close to the body and squeezing your back muscles.
- Slowly lower the weights back down with control, return to standing and then curl the weights up to your shoulders with your palms facing you.
- Lower the weights back down with control and repeat the bent narrow row to curl.
Move 2: Burpees (0:30)
- Begin standing with your core engaged and chest up tall.
- Bend your knees and plant your hands on the floor or mat in front of you (hands stacked directly below shoulders) and jump or step your feet back into a tall plank position, holding your belly button in and up to keep your core engaged.
- With your core engaged, perform a push up by lowering yourself down to the ground (keep your lats engaged and your shoulders away from your ears) and then press yourself back up to a tall plank.
- Jump or step your feet back to the outside of your hands, loading your weight in your heels and use your momentum to stand or jump to standing and repeat.
- MOD: Perform this movement with your hands on an inclined surface, like a chair, couch or ottoman. You can also take the impact out entirely by stepping back and forth rather than jumping, and coming up to a body squat rather than a jump.
Superset 4: 1 round
Move 1: Leg Raises (10-15)
- Begin lying on your back with your legs bent arms by your sides with your core engaged.
- Activate blueberry spine by gently pressing your lower back into the mat and be sure to maintain contact throughout this move.
- Keeping your knees bent, slowly lift your legs up toward the ceiling to lift your hips off the ground with control.
- Lower your hips and legs back down to the ground while maintaining blueberry spine and repeat.
- Optional: Extend your legs straight out to increase the difficulty.
Move 2: Mountain Climbers (0:30)
- Begin in a tall plank position with your shoulders stacked over your hands, core engaged, and back flat.
- Keeping your hips down, run your knees into your chest and back out by pulling each knee in as far as you can and then back out, one at a time.
- MOD: Do this move on an elevated surface by placing your hand on the edge of a couch or table.
Move 3: Flutter Kicks (8-12)
- Begin lying on your back with your arms by your sides and legs straight up in the air with your core engaged. Activate blueberry spine by gently pressing your lower back into the mat.
- Keeping a neutral spine, lift your upper back off the ground slightly to feel your abs contract.
Slowly lower your legs down towards the ground as far as you can while maintaining blueberry spine and hold this position.
- Lower one leg slightly as you raise the other leg for a flutter kick and then switch legs. Focus on keeping your core engaged.
- MOD: Bend your knees instead of straightening your legs.
Move 4: Superwoman Lifts (0:30)
- Begin lying on your stomach with your arms and legs extended.
- Lift your legs and arms off the mat together, using your lower back and glute strength.
- Hold this position for the allotted time focusing on keeping your shoulders down and your arms lifted.
- MOD: Begin by isolating your upper body only, leaving your legs on the mat for stability. Perform several upper body isolated lifts. Then perform several lower body isolated lifts. Work on isolated upper and lower body lifts until you feel comfortable putting them together.
Move 5: Side Plank Leg Lifts (8-12 each side)
- Begin in a side plank position with your right elbow on the ground and stacked below your shoulder with your right leg bent and your left leg extended straight out in line with your body.
- Lift up into a side plank, keeping your hips square in front of you and not dropping your chest forward.
- With your top leg and arm extended out, bring them toward each other for a side crunch while keeping your hips lifted off the ground.
- Extend your arm and leg back out as you drop your hip to the ground and repeat all reps on one side and then switch.
- Optional: Extend both legs out with your hips lifted.
Awesome job, Rockstar – I’m proud of you for giving it your all!
Leave me a comment below and let me know how you’re feeling, where you did this workout, and anything else you’d like to share! I love hearing from you!
Take your fitness to the next level – without having to leave your house!
Grab a 30-day Trial to Rock Your Life and get access to….
- 5 new classes you can do from home every week for constant variety and fun! Drop in on your schedule – they’re all loaded right into your workout library!
- Choose a workout from hundreds of options by body part you want to train, how much time you have and workout style!
- Take a 30-day Challenge complete with interactive calendar and daily email push to keep you on track – there are dozens to choose from!
- Check in with us in your private support community and make new friends, plus get your questions answered by the coaches!