Let’s turn up the heat with these 7 movies to shred your body from head to toe!
This fast, fun circuit can be done anywhere you are with just a couple of simple props like a pair of light-to-medium dumbbells or any weighted objects you have on hand.
You’ll be working out with Coach Roz from Team Betty Rocker today. Her workout classes are super popular in Rock Your Life, our online home workout studio, and I’m excited to share this full body circuit with you!
Coach Roz is a NSCA Certified Personal Trainer, Certified IIN Health Coach, PSA rated Figure Skating Coach and a Team Betty Rocker Coach.
Here’s a message from Coach Roz:
What’s up Rockstar, Coach Roz here bringing you a super fun full body shred circuit!
This circuit is full of strengthening compound movements that will be sure to help tone and sculpt your entire body! It’s the perfect feel-good workout that challenges your heart and your muscles from head to toe.
I hope you enjoy it!
If you love seeing the results from programs designed to sculpt, tone and strengthen your body absolutely anywhere, I invite you to join us in Rock Your Life and check out the brand new Warrior Woman Challenge series!
Full Body Shred CircuitClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions.
Equipment: Elevated Surface and Weighted Objects (water bottles, cans, dumbbells)
Format: Perform each move for 0:45 and repeat the entire circuit for 3 rounds
Move 1: Squat to Press
- Begin standing with your feet about hip distance apart with your core engaged and holding your weighted objects in your hands at your shoulders.
- Keeping your weight back in your heels, send your hips back behind you while keeping your core engaged and your chest up tall (don’t bend forward) and ensure your knees are tracking in line with your toes.
- Power through your heels and posterior chain to return to standing and as you stand, press your arms and weighted objects over your head for an overhead press.
- Return to your starting position and repeat.
- MOD: Squat down to a couch or chair for support.
Move 2: 4 Triceps Dips 4 Knee Taps
- Begin sitting on the edge of an elevated surface (box, chair or step) with your hands right next to your sides and facing forward.
- Keeping your hands on the box and shift yourself forward so you’re not sitting on the elevated surface but rather right in front.
- Bend your knees and pull your shoulder blades down and back to engage between your shoulders. This will help keep your chest open and keep pressure off of your shoulders. The more you bend your knees, the easier this will be.
- Keeping your body close to the elevated surface, bend your elbows and slowly lower yourself down until your arms are close to 90 degrees, and then press back up to your starting position.
- Perform 4 dips and then brace your core as you lift one foot off the ground and reach your opposite hand to touch your knee – repeat with your other hand and leg.
Move 3: Lateral High Knees to 2 Squat Taps
- Begin standing on the right side of your mat with your core engaged and chest upright.
- One at a time, run your knees up toward your chest in a fast running motion and move your body to the left.
- When you get to the other side of your mat, jump your feet out into a wide sumo squat position, sending your hips back behind you and keeping your chest up tall (not bending forward), weight back in your heels and knees tracking in line with your toes. As you squat down, reach toward the floor with one hand.
- Come back up to standing by driving up through your heels and squeezing your glutes as you powerfully jump from this wide leg squat, bringing your feet together and then jump back out to a wide squat touching the ground with the other hand.
- Perform 2 jump squats and then move back to the other side of your mat by running your knees to your chest.
- Repeat this back and forth from high knees to squat taps.
- MOD: Remove the jump for a low impact option.
Move 4: Alternating Curtsy Lunges
- Begin standing with your core engaged and chest upright.
- Step your right foot back behind you and over to the left as your left knee bends. Your right knee will line up behind your left heel.
- In your lunge position, ensure that your chest remains upright and your left knee does not rotate or press out over your left foot to maintain stability.
- Return to start and repeat with the other leg.
- MOD: Hold on to a chair or wall to help stabilize yourself or perform reverse lunges, where rather than your knee coming behind your front heel at an angle, you step straight back.
Move 5: Alternating Reverse Fly
- Stand with your core engaged, chest up, shoulders rolled back, and weights in hand.
- Hinge forward at the waist to be at 45 degrees, and engage between your shoulders, so they’re not rounding forward, allowing your dumbbells to hang beneath your chest and keeping your gaze neutral.
- Lift both arms out to the side, maintaining a slight bend in the elbows and squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Return to center and one at a time, lift each arm for a single side reverse fly.
Move 6: Mountain Climber
- Begin in a tall plank position with your shoulders stacked over your hands, core engaged, and back flat.
- Keeping your hips down, run your knees into your chest and back out by pulling each knee in as far as you can and then back out, one at a time.
- MOD: Do this move on an elevated surface by placing your hand on the edge of a couch or table.
Move 7: Regular and Wide Biceps Curl
- Holding your weighted objects in hand, turn your palms out to face in front of you and pull your shoulder blades back and down with your core engaged.
- Keeping the upper arms stationary, perform a bicep curl with both arms by curling the weights up to your shoulder while contracting your bicep (ending palms facing you).
- Reverse the movement to return to the starting position, externally rotate your arms, keeping your elbows by your sides to perform a wide bicep curl.
- Return to center and repeat a regular and wide curl back to back.
Amazing job Rockstar! Be sure to check in with me and Coach Roz below and let us know what move was your favorite and where you did it from – we love hearing from you!
The Warrior Woman Challenge Series is perfect for you if:
- You’d like to sculpt and tone your legs, butt, stomach and arms in less time
- You enjoy feeling confident and strong
- You’re committed to your health and fitness
- You want a result and you are looking for the right plan
- You like having the option of being able to do your workout from home, anytime