Who says French Toast can’t be healthy? This recipe is packed with protein, complex carbs and healthy fats – all of the nutrients you need to start your day. Plus it’s absolutely delicious!
Vanilla Protein French Toast
Yield: 2 servings
You need: shallow baking dish, whisk, skillet, spatula, cooking oil spray
Key: T = Tablespoon; tsp = teaspoon
- 4 slices sprouted grain or gluten free bread (2 slices per serving)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 serving (30 grams) I ❤️ Vanilla Protein powder
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup berries of your choice
- 2-4 T maple syrup (optional)
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together the egg, almond milk, protein powder and cinnamon.
- Heat a skillet to medium and spray with cooking oil. Soak each side of the bread for 30 seconds in the mixture while the pan is heating.
- Place the soaked bread on the skillet and cook until browned on each side. Top with berries and syrup.
Delicious AND Nutritious! I can’t wait to hear how yours turn out. Be sure to leave me a comment and let me know – I love hearing from you!
I ❤️ Vanilla Protein is a 100% ORGANIC, high protein (20g protein per serving), nutrient-dense whole food protein powder combining 4 plant-based protein sources into a delicious vanilla shake to support an active lifestyle!