I’ve been enjoying the slightly sweet and unique taste of goji berries lately – in my smoothies, plain as a snack, on my overnight oatmeal, and most recently in my cookies.
You can whip this recipe together in 5 minutes in your food processor, it’s so easy.
It uses just a little honey for sweetness but these cookies will totally satisfy your sweet tooth – all while infusing you with antioxidants, omega-3 fats and that special feeling we get from eating cookies 🙂
Some Fun Facts about GOJI BERRIES….
- Goji berries are unique among fruits, because they contain all the essential amino acids.
- Loaded with vitamin C, they contain more carotenoids than any other food.
- The berries contain 21 trace minerals, including iron, zinc, selenium and calcium (and 15 times as much iron as spinach to give you an idea!)
- They’re tasty and easy to use like a raisin.
Dark Chocolate Goji Berry Cookies
Yield: 12 cookies
You will need: measuring cups and spoons, food processor
1. BLEND: nuts, oat bran, cinnamon and salt.
2. When they’re evenly mixed fine, drizzle in honey and vanilla with your machine running til a sticky dough forms.
3. PULSE in nibs and berries.
4. FORM into balls or cookie shapes and enjoy!!
Want more healthy and delicious recipes…and a plan that lets you eat healthy desserts like this?