Today I’ve got an awesome Full Body Tabata Burn for you that will increase your endurance and sculpt lean muscle in about 15 minutes.
I’m going to stack 3 tabata sets together to make this super effective for you. Tabatas are an incredibly effective and efficient way to workout! They offer us the maximum benefits in the shortest amount of time (1), and who doesn’t want that?
Tabatas are a type of HIIT – high intensity interval training- where we pair 0:20 of maximum effort with 0:10 rest periods which you repeat for a total of 4 minutes. The key to getting the most out of this is to really give it YOUR ALL (2)!
And remember, to get the most from your workouts, focus on eating a combination of balanced whole nutrient dense foods, getting quality sleep and reducing your stress levels– the other three components of our 4 Pillars of Health.
As always, I’ll talk you through form tips and modifications so you can get stronger safely. You won’t need any equipment for this one so meet me on the mat and let’s check off your workout for the day!
Love having workouts you can do ANYWHERE, ANYTIME – and a well-designed plan to follow so you get the BEST RESULTS? Take a 30-day Challenge in Rock Your Life and have workouts like this formatted into a plan to follow!
Full Body Tabata BurnClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions.
Move 1: Squat Thrusts
- Begin standing with your feet slightly wider than hip distance apart, core engaged.
- Bend your knees into a squat, plant your hands on the floor inside your feet and step or jump your feet back into a tall plank position (hands stacked directly below shoulders).
- Jump or step your feet back to the outside of your hands, loading your weight in your heels and use your momentum to power up into a jump.
- MOD: Do this movement on an inclined surface like a chair or ottoman.
Move 2: Skater Lunge Hops
- Begin with your feet hip-width apart, core engaged.
- Step your right foot back behind you reaching out to the left like you are doing a curtsy.
- Begin bending your back knee into a lunge position and reach your right hand down to the ground while keeping your chest up (ensure your knee is not shooting out over your toe and maintain an upright chest).
- As you stand up, power through your front heel, come to standing and repeat with your left leg.
- Pro Tip: Add a lateral hop when you are switching sides.
Full Body Collagen is an unflavored, high-quality collagen peptide supplement that has great research behind it showing the benefits for our skin, joints and bones.
We source our collagen from German cows, which have not been treated with antibiotics or hormones, and are never exposed to GMO’s. Each serving of Full Body Collagen contains 12.5g of collagen peptides, and each canister contains 30 servings.
Move 1: Spider Climbers
- Begin in a tall plank position with your shoulders stacked over your hands, core engaged, and back flat.
- Keeping your core engaged, bring your right knee to your right elbow, crunching your abs and return your right foot back to starting position. Repeat on the left.
- MOD: Do this move on an elevated surface by placing your hand on the edge of a couch or table.
Move 2: Jump Switch Lunges
- Begin in a strong lunge position, making sure your front knee is in line with your front foot and your back heel is lifted and is in line with your back knees.
- Bending both knees you will end in a 90-degree angle position ensuring that your knee is not shooting in front of your toes.
- Jump yourself up and switch your front and back legs, landing softly and with good form (you can get your arms involved for balance and speed).
- MOD: You can take the jump out if you need to modify this, and do alternating forward lunges. Always feel free to hold onto the wall or a chair back to stabilize you in these single leg moves!
Move 1: Walking Planks
- Begin in a low plank position with your core engaged and shoulders stacked over your elbows.
- Brace your core and raise yourself up to your hands, one arm at a time.
- One at a time, step down to your elbows and up to your hands and repeat.
- MOD: Do this move on an inclined surface.
Move 2: Alternating Front Kick Side Kick
- Begin at the left side of your mat in a standing position with your feet hip distance apart, core engaged.
- Bend your knees while shooting your hips back to come to a squat and shuffle to the right side of your mat.
- With your inside leg, kick forward and with the outside leg kick out laterally.
- Squat back down, shuffle to the left and repeat.
Don’t forget to check in with me below and let me know where you did this from-I love hearing from you!
- Tabata et al. “Metabolic profile of high intensity intermittent exercises”. Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. March 1997. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9139179
- Tabata et al. “Effects of moderate-intensity endurance and high-intensity intermittent training on anaerobic capacity and VO2max”. Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. October 1996. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8897392
I’d love to see YOU inside Rock Your Life…
…so I can support you in ROCKING your body AND your life! Get stronger and healthier with a community of rockstars to support you, home workout challenges for a fit body, and fresh new workout classes each week to keep you motivated!