Welcome back to our Bikini Tabata Series!
In today’s workout, we’re going to target our back, core and arms to get an awesome fat-burning, strength building workout in less than 10 minutes.
I am loving hearing from you about how you are doing with these workouts! Be sure to check in down below in the comments area when you’re finished up today!
If you’ve been following along this month, you’ll have gotten to go around your entire body with these fast, effective Tabata workouts that can be done absolutely anywhere in 4 minute blocks!
Here are the other workouts in this series so you can take advantage of the entire collection:
Enjoy the workout!
We’re gearing up for our July Summer Shred 30-day Challenge in the Rock Your Life Community – so check that program out if you’re looking for support, accountability and a great program to follow to really get your body moving this Summer!
Check in with me below and let me know how you do with this workout!
Bikini Tabata Series 4: Upper Body SmashClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions.
Format: Tabatas are formatted with 0:20 work, followed by 0:10 rest for a total of 4 minutes. Follow along with the video, or feel free to program your own workouts using this format! I use the Seconds Pro timer app to save my workouts!
Move 1: Incline Push Up Claps
- Position yourself against an inclined surface like a couch or chair, with your hands stacked below your wrists and core engaged.
- Lower your chest down, and press up explosively, clapping your hands at the top. Maintain your core alignment and repeat.
- Mods: Kneel in front of the couch or elevated surface with the same good form and work on the push up claps from a kneeling position. You can also stand and lean into a wall for less pressure on your wrists to build up your strength.
Move 2: Triceps Dip Kicks
- Come into a reverse tabletop. Open your chest. Dip with your arms, keeping your elbows in parallel and alternate kicking your feet. Try not to let your hips dip too low, keep them up.
- Position your hands so they’re facing toward your body. You can hold light dumbbells to align your wrists if that’s more comfortable for you.
- MODS: Hold your reverse tabletop, and add in slow dips with alternating lifted legs to finish your set. Holding reverse tabletop is a great place to start with this move, and slowly add in the dips, then alternate lifting legs. The dip kicks are super advanced, so start where you are and work your way up! You can also balance against the side of a couch or chair to do them like I show you in the video.
Move 1: Burpees
- Stand with your feet hip distance apart.
- Bend your knees and plant your hands on the floor or mat in front of you (hands stacked directly below shoulders) and jump or step your feet back into a tall plank position.
- Keep your core tight and do a push-up (optional) – jump your feet back to your hands and load your weight in your heels.
- Jump up, landing softly with bent knees and repeat
- MOD: take out the jumping by stepping back, take out the push-up, or do a body squat instead of a jump at the top
Move 2: Superwoman to Trap Activator
- Position yourself on the mat on your stomach. Extend your arms and legs.
- Lift up smoothly, bringing your elbows in to your ribcage, and legs off the floor and lower down with control. Bringing the feet out wide will make it easier to lift as you build strength, and feet in close together adds additional challenge.
- MOD: If this is challenging to do, try breaking the move into two parts. Practice lifting your upper body by itself, then lifting your legs while keeping your upper body isolated. Work on these individually before putting them together.
Great job on today’s workout! Now let’s get you a workout PLAN so you can keep progressing and get support along the way!
Rock Your Life has access to dozens of home workout challenges, a huge class library with hundreds of workouts of all types so you can choose from a huge variety of one-off workouts if you’re not following a plan, and has a private women’s fitness support community to make sure you always have the resources you need!