It’s Day 3 of the 5-Day Home Workout Challenge and today we will be working our legs and glutes with a barre workout for your lower body!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. A little space to move
2. A chair
3. Weighted objects: water bottles, water jugs, laundry jugs, or dumbbells
Now meet me at the Barre for Legs and Booty!
Be sure to check in and let me know you completed today’s workout below – and share this challenge with your friends and family!
Legs and Booty Barre
As you work through the sequence with me, you’ll not only be sculpting amazing definition but strengthening muscles that are often underused and underdeveloped.
As we slow things down, this a great opportunity to be super mindful of your form and keep your core engaged -belly button coming in and up, shoulders rolled back and knees tracking in line with your toes.
- Bird Dogs (Left)
- Fire Hydrants (Left)
- Fire Hydrant Pulses (Left)
- Bird Dogs (Right)
- Fire Hydrants (Right)
- Fire Hydrant Pulses (Right)
- Cat Cow
- Wide Plie Squats
- Wide Plie Lateral Lift (L)
- Lateral Lift Pulses (L)
- Reverse Lunge Pulses (L)
- Reverse Lunge to Leg Extension (L)
- Standing Fire Hydrant Pulses (L)
- Wide Plie Squats
- Wide Plie Lateral Lift (R)
- Lateral Lift Pulses (R)
- Reverse Lunge Pulses (R)
- Reverse Lunge to Leg Extension (R)
- Standing Fire Hydrant Pulses (R)
- Wide Plie Squat Heel Raise Series
- Plie Thigh Pulses
- Standing 45 degree Leg Extensions – add Back Fly (L)
- Standing Side Crunch (L)
- Standing 45 degree Leg Extensions – add Back Fly (R)
- Standing Side Crunch (R)
- Standing Leg Extension to Side Crunch (L)
- Standing Leg Extension to Side Crunch (R)
- Standing Leg Extension to Forward Crunch to Side Crunch (L)
- Standing Leg Extension to Forward Crunch to Side Crunch (R)
- Side Lying Leg Raise Series (L)
- Side Lying Leg Raise Series (R)
- Single Leg Bridge Lifts; Add in optional Chest Press
- Hamstring Pull Throughs; Add in alternating single leg variation
- Alternating Side Bends
- Scissors High to Low
- Full Body Roll Ups; Add knee or leg lifts
- Prone Leg Extension Series
Today’s Focus: Staying Nourished
When it comes to boosting our immune system, losing body fat, sculpting lean muscle, and seeing results, nutrition is key.
Right now, I know it’s especially challenging to make this focus be a priority, so I wanted to share some of my shortcuts that are readily available online for you. I use all of these for my “minimal” prep weeks and they may be useful to you as well.
We know now more than ever how important your immune system is for overall health. Getting enough sleep, reducing stress, exercising and eating healthy all contribute to a strong immune system but if you want extra support, I use and recommend this delicious Mushroom Elixir Mix from my friends at Four Sigmatic.
You can receive up to 20% off + Free Shipping on their Immune Support bundles. PLUS receive an additional 15% off when you use my link!
Did you enjoy this workout? Then you will LOVE the Raise The Barre Challenge
inside of Rock Your Life!
The Raise The Barre challenge is a low-impact, high energy challenge that incorporates my favorite barre-style workouts with yoga flows. If you are looking for increased flexibility, booty building, core work and intensity without the impact – you will love this one!
And hey, want shorter workouts or challenges with equipment? I’ve got you covered – we have all kinds of challenges available!
It’s all yours, and it’s all waiting for you inside of Rock Your Life – to support you in reaching your goals this year!