It’s Day 3 of the 5-Day Home Workout Challenge and today we will be working our legs and glutes with a barre workout for your lower body!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. A little space to move
2. A chair
3. Weighted objects: water bottles, water jugs, laundry jugs, or dumbbells
Now meet me at the Barre for Legs and Booty!
Be sure to check in and let me know you completed today’s workout below – and share this challenge with your friends and family!
Did you enjoy this workout? Then you will LOVE the Raise The Barre Challenge inside of Rock Your Life! The Raise The Barre challenge is a low-impact, high energy challenge that incorporates my favorite barre-style workouts with yoga flows. If you are looking for increased flexibility, booty building, core work and intensity without the impact – you will love this one!
And hey, want shorter workouts or challenges with equipment? I’ve got you covered – we have all kinds of challenges available!
Legs and Booty BarreClick to expand and see all workout moves.
As you work through the sequence with me, you’ll not only be sculpting amazing definition but strengthening muscles that are often underused and underdeveloped.
As we slow things down, this a great opportunity to be super mindful of your form and keep your core engaged-belly button coming in and up, shoulders rolled back and knees tracking in line with your toes.
- Bird Dogs (Left)
- Fire Hydrants (Left)
- Fire Hydrant Pulses (Left)
- Bird Dogs (Right)
- Fire Hydrants (Right)
- Fire Hydrant Pulses (Right)
- Cat Cow
- Wide Plie Squats
- Wide Plie Lateral Lift (L)
- Lateral Lift Pulses (L)
- Reverse Lunge Pulses (L)
- Reverse Lunge to Leg Extension (L)
- Standing Fire Hydrant Pulses (L)
- Wide Plie Squats
- Wide Plie Lateral Lift (R)
- Lateral Lift Pulses (R)
- Reverse Lunge Pulses (R)
- Reverse Lunge to Leg Extension (R)
- Standing Fire Hydrant Pulses (R)
- Wide Plie Squat Heel Raise Series
- Plie Thigh Pulses
- Standing 45 degree Leg Extensions – add Back Fly (L)
- Standing Side Crunch (L)
- Standing 45 degree Leg Extensions – add Back Fly (R)
- Standing Side Crunch (R)
- Standing Leg Extension to Side Crunch (L)
- Standing Leg Extension to Side Crunch (R)
- Standing Leg Extension to Forward Crunch to Side Crunch (L)
- Standing Leg Extension to Forward Crunch to Side Crunch (R)
- Side Lying Leg Raise Series (L)
- Side Lying Leg Raise Series (R)
- Single Leg Bridge Lifts; Add in optional Chest Press
- Hamstring Pull Throughs; Add in alternating single leg variation
- Alternating Side Bends
- Scissors High to Low
- Full Body Roll Ups; Add knee or leg lifts
- Prone Leg Extension Series
Today’s Focus: Staying Nourished
When it comes to boosting our immune system, losing body fat, sculpting lean muscle, and seeing results, nutrition is key. When planning for the week, I think about:
- 2-3 breakfast options I like.
- A few entrees that could double as dinner or lunch.
- A couple smoothie ideas that have complimentary ingredients to give you variety with your greens.
- A snack option like homemade protein muffins or an easy to make trail mix for days you’re just hungrier and want a little more to eat.
- Round out your plan with a couple of staple sides that you would like to have on hand daily like a big mixed greens salad and some rice, quinoa or easy to grab sweet potato chunks…
……and then make your grocery list around that.
Or, you can let me make the whole plan for you, with so many delicious, easy and healthy recipes!
The 30 Day Challenge Meal Plan includes all the recipes and grocery lists for breakfasts, smoothies, sides, snacks and entrees for 4 full weeks – with plenty of delicious options and structure to help you eat right for YOUR life!