Welcome to The Betty Rocker Show, the place to be to Nourish Your Mind, Love Your Body, and Rock Your Life!
Today we are kicking off this show, and I’m thrilled that you’re joining me! I wanted to host this podcast for you to have a place to hear more of my philosophies, learn the strategies, frameworks and actions that have really helped me and so many of the people who have used my programs, and to provide an arena to answer your questions directly.
I’m excited for you to be able to take these shows with you on the go so you can tune in anytime, anywhere for the answers and insights you’re looking for (#stopdropandbettylisten) – so be sure to subscribe on your favorite podcast player – plus enjoy so much bonus content from my interesting and diverse guests. I’ll alternate between solo episodes and guest interviews for lots of variety!
Here’s today’s show! Be sure to leave a review on your favorite podcast player.
In this episode you’ll discover:
(all links open in new tabs so you can continue to listen to the show while browsing)
Why I created The Betty Rocker Show (00:02)
How I got the name The Betty Rocker (02:28)
- Starting my blog
- The Healthy Lifestyle of Awesome
- You are a Betty Rocker
The wildly popular #makefatcrychallenge (04:22)
- 30 Day #makefatcry Challenge
- Transform your body in just 15 minutes a day
- 3 Million Participants already, and growing every day
- Stuck in the comparison trap
- Why I do what I do
My journey to health (07:52)
- Obsession with performance and looks
- Coming from a place of self hate rather than self love
- Habits, effort and consistency to develop a fit body
- Taking actions from a self loving place leads others to respond
- The dialogue we have with ourselves
- Being accepted
- How our life lessons push us to grow
Using measurements and how much does our weight on the scale count? (10:45)
- Negative feedback loop – never happy or satisfied
- Worth based on an arbitrary number
- Measuring muscle tissue vs. body fat
- Being hyper focused on one thing
- Foundation of fitness is how we talk to ourselves
- Changing the way we feel or speak to ourselves is powerful
- Seasons of life
- You are a whole package, not a number on the scale or how you look
- Developing a self-loving mindset
Getting into being #flawsome (16:00)
- Being self motivated to take action towards your goals
- The Flawsome concept
- Acknowledging your flaws but also your awesome = FLAWSOME
How to forgive ourselves and others (16:30)
- Taking personal responsibility
- We forgive others, let’s forgive ourselves
My most effective Forgiveness Practice (17:05)
- 40 Years of Zen
- Looking for the gold, the blessing, the value
- How can you take responsibility for the situation?
- You are the creator of your own life
- Look for resources when you need them
- Your vessel of awesomeness
The 4 Pillars of Health (22:05)
- Become more mindful and aware of our body’s functions
- A simple foundation to connect with our body
- How our body communicates with us
- Thinking about our health in a new way
The Sleep Pillar (24:20)
- Everything comes from our body’s ability to reset and restore itself while we’re sleeping.
- Quality of sleep
- The healthy physique chair
- Why sleep is the most essential pillar
The Nutrition Pillar (26:15)
- How we nourish ourselves informs everything our body does
- Value in different eating strategies
- The benefits of eating whole foods
The Stress Pillar (27:48)
- The internal stress state
- External and internal stressors
- The intention behind what you’re doing
- The big picture stress plays
- The singing analogy
The Exercise Pillar (30:40)
- Moving your body in a balanced way
- Exercising from a strong, healthy foundation
- How I design my workout programs
- There’s no one perfect way to train
- Honor your body
Here’s how you can submit a question for an upcoming show!
Be sure to include your first name and where you’re from and ask your question clearly. You can also send a testimonial or success story this way too, it’s absolutely wonderful to hear from you.
Love The Betty Rocker Show? We do too!
Share it with your friends, and subscribe on your favorite podcast
player to be alerted when new shows drop!
ABOUT THE BETTY ROCKER SHOW:
Join me for open and thought provoking discussions about health, fitness, and how to stop undermining ourselves – and start taking meaningful action that makes us role models to others…
….and, listen in on my intimate conversations with amazing thought leaders, health care professionals, athletes and celebrities to learn their secrets and insights for overcoming life’s challenges, living longer, healthier, stronger and more #flawsome lives.
New shows are released on a weekly basis during each season of he Betty Rocker Show. Shows alternate between solo episodes with me, and interviews with guests.