Welcome to The Betty Rocker Show, the place to be to nourish your mind, love your body, and rock your life.
Different things work for different people at different times, and with our unique genetics, body types, goals and lifestyles, it’s important to experiment to discover what works the best for YOU.
In today’s episode which is part 2 of the “Seeing Results Faster” series, I’m digging into different eating strategies – what makes them work for some of us but not for others, and a few universal truths we can all apply to start seeing better results FASTER.
Here’s today’s show! Be sure to leave a review on your favorite podcast player.
In this episode you’ll discover:
How to get out of disordered eating habits (0:27)
- The impacts of social media and pop culture
- Why different things work for different people
- Not seeing results
- Food sensitivities
- Gut health, hormones, absorption
- Elimination diets
- The signals your body is sending you
- The most important thing to apply to yourself
What eating strategy is right for you? (3:50)
- Alicia’s Story
- Intermittent fasting
- The importance of protein
- What to look for in a protein powder
- Whole Betty Full Body Collagen
Why you might be gaining weight (7:50)
- Not eating all day
- Portion control
- Excess sugar
- The deprivation, reward cycle
- Feeling shame around eating
Experimenting with different approaches (9:45)
- Fueling your energy reserves for the day
- Unicorn Bowl Recipe
- Homemade Buckwheat Bread
- Importance of carbohydrates
- How blood sugar works
- Soaked and sprouted grains
The damaging impacts of added sugar (13:47)
- Processed vs. Whole foods
- Why fat free isn’t the best choice
- The importance of healthy fats
- How insulin works
- Insulin resistance
- Visceral fat accumulation
- Inflammation in the body
- Impacts on your skin
The calories and macronutrients of food (19:05)
- Macronutrients of food
- Micronutrients of food
- Counting calories as an eating strategy
- The importance of nutrient dense food
How to See Faster Results (22:03)
- Start small
- Pay attention to how you FEEL after eating
- Experiment with your diet
- Track what you’re doing right now
- All or something
- Empower yourself
- The 4 Pillars of Health
Love The Betty Rocker Show? We do too! ❤️ Share it with your friends, and subscribe on your favorite podcast player to be alerted when new shows drop!
Love The Betty Rocker Show? We do too!
Share it with your friends, and subscribe on your favorite podcast
player to be alerted when new shows drop!
ABOUT THE BETTY ROCKER SHOW:
Join me for open and thought provoking discussions about health, fitness, and how to stop undermining ourselves – and start taking meaningful action that makes us role models to others…
….and, listen in on my intimate conversations with amazing thought leaders, health care professionals, athletes and celebrities to learn their secrets and insights for overcoming life’s challenges, living longer, healthier, stronger and more #flawsome lives.
New shows are released on a weekly basis during each season of The Betty Rocker Show. Shows alternate between solo episodes with me, and interviews with guests.